Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 19 Jun 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Ali. I would say no chance whatsoever. Thats 2 blocks away from the one in question.

However how come all of us with reservations haven't been formally told about the construction commencing? Not good enough.

Let us know what they say please.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
YT. Good find, well done. A few things leap out.

1. I wonder why they started that end of Congress Park and not the other? The other end is a few months older. Things like that intrigue me!

2. Those signs are warning indicators only and not meant to safeguard the unwary or plain nosey who wander in. I suspect they are just the start and we will see full fencing shortly.

3. The contractor is going to need the car park area by that block. I wonder how they will manage when they move to the next block right by the CP bus stop? Not much area there to utilise.
Ali. I would say no chance whatsoever. Thats 2 blocks away from the one in question.

However how come all of us with reservations haven't been formally told about the construction commencing? Not good enough.

Let us know what they say please.
will do, I have emailed her as my worry is there is only 4 of these rooms in the whole resort

you know I have always chickened out staying in at a non preferred if they move us they will need to give us back a heap load of points so watch this space

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Congress car park, just seen on a Facebook thread.
Old 21 Jun 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Interestingly I noticed OKW was finished last week, so they did wait for it to be finished before starting SSR. Wonder if the same contractors are just moving from one to the other...
Old 21 Jun 19, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Interestingly I noticed OKW was finished last week, so they did wait for it to be finished before starting SSR. Wonder if the same contractors are just moving from one to the other...
I lay odds you are right. Always good to stick with a well known contractor if their work and price ticks the boxes.

Losing rooms means losing money so they won't want to delay the process more than necessary. As long as they haven't used the contractor who messed up the kiddies splash area in the Grandstand!

Of course no matter who you let the contract to they will sub parts of it out to sub contractors. Hope they aren't operating the lump.

For those not in the know that was endemic in the U.K. in the 1970's

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I lay odds you are right. Always good to stick with a well known contractor if their work and price ticks the boxes.

Losing rooms means losing money so they won't want to delay the process more than necessary. As long as they haven't used the contractor who messed up the kiddies splash area in the Grandstand!

Of course no matter who you let the contract to they will sub parts of it out to sub contractors. Hope they aren't operating the lump.

For those not in the know that was endemic in the U.K. in the 1970's
I'm just about old enough to know what the lump is!

That splash pad, someone put a YouTube tour up last week, and it's just been left abandoned in a state with a low fence around it- what the heck is going on there ? Most undisney like that. I thought that's really bad as I remembered you mentioning it, although they've got the usual Disney pardon our appearance signs still up.
Old 7 Jul 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Ok a bit more intel. Building in Congress is definitely empty, and they have got papers up at the windows with ‘construction documents’ stuck up. They have multiple cherry pickers around the outside of the building painting outside also
Old 7 Jul 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Interesting. They have to use cherry pickers for external painting for 2 reasons
Far quicker than ladders
The shingles on the walls wont take the pressure from ladders!

I really hope they are not just slopping paint on as I had a good look at the shingles in May and loads need replacing due to rot, cracking and general wear.

Saratoska is there very soon so I am sure she will update us.

Old 7 Jul 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Interesting. They have to use cherry pickers for external painting for 2 reasons
Far quicker than ladders
The shingles on the walls wont take the pressure from ladders!

I really hope they are not just slopping paint on as I had a good look at the shingles in May and loads need replacing due to rot, cracking and general wear.

Saratoska is there very soon so I am sure she will update us.
On the case with pictures 👍

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
On the case with pictures 👍
Well done Ali. Hope the room you asked for works out for you.