Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 3 Feb 21, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
Do they activate when first used or when first linked to MDE? I bought mine direct from Disney so they automatically linked to MDE
AT have told us that they don’t activate until actually scanned in at a park. So we can pay for them, book our days but if we choose to cancel then that’s fine as they still aren’t activated.
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 21, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
AT have told us that they don’t activate until actually scanned in at a park. So we can pay for them, book our days but if we choose to cancel then that’s fine as they still aren’t activated.
Great, thank you. Was worried that I'd bought 2021 tickets with expiry of September and that I'd lose the money if we couldn't go in August. At least the upgrade option gives me the opportunity for October as well
loola30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 21, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
quartergill
VIP Dibber

One thread above states that Disney have said UK tickets cannot be extended. Can I confirm the status of your 14 day tickets. I am confused by Disney’s answers. Thanks
quartergill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 21, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
jordanski
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by quartergill View Post
One thread above states that Disney have said UK tickets cannot be extended. Can I confirm the status of your 14 day tickets. I am confused by Disney’s answers. Thanks
mines are linked to mde, park days booked
Old 17 Feb 21, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We have also been told by disney this morning that our tickets can’t be extended to 2022 and ours were the ones that were for October 2021 that don’t expire end September. The call was extremely unhelpful and the worst customer experience we have encountered from disney. We were previously assured we could pay the difference to use them in 2022
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 21, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

We have 2021 tickets that we've been told we can put the value of these towards 2022 tickets and just pay the difference and they'll swap them over on MDE for us. Maybe I was lucky and got a great cast member. We actually booked through OAT and they weren't even responding to our emails anymore so we reached out to Disney and they were amazing. The cast member put everything under a reference number for me and said once I saw that 2022 tickets were on sale to call back and quote my reference number - I'll be calling tomorrow
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 21, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Trueblue88
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by adamtoonarmy View Post
I've just done this with AttractionTickets.com. Originally booked May 21 moved to November 21, I rang AT paid an additional £45 per tickets, sent my old tickets back via special delivery and my new tickets came this morning.

The issue OP is going to have is that Florida Escapes doesn't seem to be selling tickets anymore. There is a link to contact them via webform if you find yourself in the situation that you do OP.
I did the same with our Attraction Tickets Direct for 2021 and didnt realise the Disney prices had gone up so much!
Trueblue88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 21, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by EmmaBolan View Post
We have 2021 tickets that we've been told we can put the value of these towards 2022 tickets and just pay the difference and they'll swap them over on MDE for us. Maybe I was lucky and got a great cast member. We actually booked through OAT and they weren't even responding to our emails anymore so we reached out to Disney and they were amazing. The cast member put everything under a reference number for me and said once I saw that 2022 tickets were on sale to call back and quote my reference number - I'll be calling tomorrow
Can you let us know how you get on please? I’m panicking because I have almost paid for our tickets for this summer and when I enquired about cancelling, they said they would take 25% to do so. We do want to go this year, but obviously we don’t know if that will be possible. I would also like to book my park days, just in case. But if we can’t go, I would like to use the money already spent on the tickets to but tickets for next year. Obviously very happy to pay any difference in price. It would help to put my mind at rest if you get a positive outcome.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 21, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Can you let us know how you get on please? I’m panicking because I have almost paid for our tickets for this summer and when I enquired about cancelling, they said they would take 25% to do so. We do want to go this year, but obviously we don’t know if that will be possible. I would also like to book my park days, just in case. But if we can’t go, I would like to use the money already spent on the tickets to but tickets for next year. Obviously very happy to pay any difference in price. It would help to put my mind at rest if you get a positive outcome.
Of course I can 😊

I’m going to try and ring tomorrow so will update tomorrow evening!
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 21, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Really keen to also know how you get on with this. We tried again this evening with disney and were told absolutely no transfer. The customer service was even worse than the morning call we had. All we had wanted was to put the value towards 2022 tickets. We were told this would be fine when we called up last year before booking but that was a call so no proof. They said we shouldn’t have been told this and it’s incorrect 🥲 . Really stressed by it!
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List