Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 6 Apr 21, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by FloridaNuts93 View Post
Winter Park and the scenic boat ride.
While you're in Winter Park try the Morse Museum as well - loads of Tiffany glass.

We've done the boat ride a number of times and we've said we'd do it by Sunrail next time. Ridiculously cheap - I think when I last checked it was about $6 return for two seniors. Station is in the middle of town. Avoids using the I-4 in downtown Orlando as well.

Our treat of choice in the rocking chairs at Celebration is a Kilwins ice cream.

Mick
Old 6 Apr 21, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
PS From your countdown I see you're there mid-November. Depending on how long you're staying you should visit Celebration at night. They have "snowfall" in Market Street and an artificial skating rink. Lovely shop in Market Street for Christmas decorations as well.

Also worth driving through the town to see how they decorate the houses.

Mick
Old 6 Apr 21, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Amazing Animals. We had a great time out here in March 2020 on our wedding anniversary, we just wanted to do something different that day and it didn't disappoint. It's where we met the little guy on the left of my profile
<<<

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
donald2005
Helping Mickey

donald2005's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 11
The premium outlets at vineland are a nice trip outside of the diseny bubble, always have great deals in the disney character warehouse! Also the scenery at Cypress Grove is beautiful
donald2005 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Winter Park also has a Kilwins - just saying.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

If you are going in November would highly recommend a trip up to Blue Springs State Park. Lovely and relaxing and the Springs will be teeming with migrating Manatees.
Old 2 Aug 21, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkandfluffy
Very Serious Dibber

Book a half day with Spirit of the Swamp! We had an excellent time and wee surprised at how relaxing it was on the airboat away from the parks.
pinkandfluffy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
EatandPlay
Apprentice Imagineer
- DIBB Advertiser -

Given you listed ICON Park as an example, I'm going to presume that perhaps you've not spent much time along International Drive. If you haven't, then that would be my suggestion. Visit I-Drive, ICON Park, and the many other smaller yet fun and interesting attractions along that corridor. There are TONS of dining and shopping options too.
Old 14 Aug 21, 05:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

Celebration is wonderful
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 21, 06:18 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dogken View Post
Drive up to Lake Dora, pick up the old train at Tavares that rides around the lake to Mt Dora, lovely relaxing day out, you can even buy a beer on board the train.
You beat me to it, we love Mount Dora and got married in Eustis which is next door. There’s also lovely places to eat on the lake up there , interesting shopping , boat trips and Tavares always has loads of seaplanes to watch or even have a ride . It’s a forty minute drive max and completely different to the Orlando area .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List