Notices

Old 28 Jun 21, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
tigerfee
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Enjoyed your pre trip report. I've booked for May too. Hoping everything is fine for May.
tigerfee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've finally finished my first draft plan. I'm happier with how its gone although i think it could do with some more tweaking. I know my plans always look over full but as some of you may know thats exactly how we like it!

Monday - IOA // Universal staying at a Universal hotel

Tuesday - Volcano Bay/ IAO // Universal - Universal hotel

Wednesday - Volcano bay? /IOA?/Universal // check into the Poly/ MK

Thursday- Magic kingdom// Animal kingdom

Friday - Animal Kingdom // Epcot

Saturday - Hollywood studios // Mini golf //

Sunday - Seaworld / Aquatica // Hollywood studios

Monday - Busch gardens // Disney springs

Tuesday - Challenge day

Wednesday - Animal kingdom // Magic kingdom

Thursday - Hollywood studios // Epcot

Friday - Magic kingdom // Animal kingdom

Saturday - ? // flights

I haven't added in ADR's yet or typhoon lagoon and blizzard beach but i think ill leave them out and we can go to them as and when we like. Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 21, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Hey everyone I hope your all ok? I haven’t been planning for a while, I’ve lost all positivity in planning the trip as I feel like it won’t happen plus flight prices are just madness! I’m really trying to look forward to the trip and I really have everything crossed we can go. I’ve started to think about planning again so I hope to give you and update soon ☺️
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 21, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Elsa42 View Post
Hey everyone I hope your all ok? I haven’t been planning for a while, I’ve lost all positivity in planning the trip as I feel like it won’t happen plus flight prices are just madness! I’m really trying to look forward to the trip and I really have everything crossed we can go. I’ve started to think about planning again so I hope to give you and update soon ☺️
I feel exactly the same. Our flights are booked but the closer we get the more I wonder if we will even get there. December last year when we booked it I was like 2022 has to be back to normal but I really don't know anymore.
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 22, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Holiday Update

Hey everyone

It’s been a long time since I've updated. This whole trip has very much been on and off. I’ve been very negative about whether we were actually going to be going or not. We finally made the decision over christmas to continue with the trip and now with 4 months to go I've done no planning oops

The tickets for Universal and Disney were already paid for and we were able to get them extended for this year so thats one less thing to worry about.

The cruise is still booked and the final payment is due in a few months time. For now there’s no further planning to be done with the cruise apart from payment so I'm going to forget about this for now.

The villa is booked and we will pay for this at a later date so again I dont need to worry about this too much for now.

We have The Poly booked for one night after the cruise so for now i dont need to do anything with this.

I’ve been needing to book a Universal hotel for a while now. We wanted to stay at The Hard Rock for a few days after the cruise as part of our Universal part of the holiday. I had been putting off booking this for a while and when I finally went to do this last week realised for the dates we had picked all the standard rooms were now gone…. SO I booked a garden view instead . We get the express passes with this hotel which we love using. The first night has to be paid for when booking so this has been done and the second night doesn't need to be paid for until we arrive so for now this is sorted and I haven't got to worry.

Nows the big one. Flights and car hire. We have been looking at flights constantly but they are just so expensive. We've tried looking at different airports or different dates as well as indirect and direct but we haven't been able to commit to the prices currently. This part is a slight worry as its getting very close and we currently have no way of getting there.

When we first had the holiday booked back in September 2020 we got flight and car hire for £600 per person. Flights and car hire as a package just isn't possible now as its so expensive and coming out over £1000 per person. We’ve also looked at car hire separately which is currently around £800.

Ive had a look at Uber’s and taxi prices from our villa to the parks. I thought if we did it this way we would take up to 4 a day. I roughly worked out a price of around £500-£600 for the time we actually need them for. If you think about car hire you also have to factor in parking fees. At this point it seems cheaper and easier to commit to taxis/Ubers, Disney transport and lifts from our friends who are out there at the same time. If closer to the time we find a good car hire price then we will obviously go for that but currently we are going to commit to the other way. Especially because there are 7 days we wont need a car anyway.

The next thing I'm working on is food and restaurants because lets face it its the most important part. We originally were going to 3 Disney restaurants and the rest offsite but we’ve decided to eat at more if we fancy it as we've waited so long for this holiday. So once I've decided on these ill let you know.

I’ll leave the update there for now but I’m sure ill have another one soon enough!

Thats all for now.
Old 3 Mar 22, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
To do list

I have another update coming soon!

I have so much planning left to do! The planning I would usually do over a year I'm doing in just a few months! Is anyone else finding the same thing?

I thought id write a to do list on here so I can keep my thoughts together and you can tell me if I've missed anything

To Do:
-Car Parking - Not required
-Flights
-Car hire
-First night stay Paid
-First night stay booked
-Cruise booked
-Cruise paid for
-Universal tickets booked and paid for
-Hard Rock Hotel booked and paid
-The poly booked
-The Poly paid
-Disney Tickets booked and Paid
-Villa Booked
-Villa paid
-Seaworld tickets
-Busch Garden tickets
-Disney table service meals picked
-Disney table service meals booked
-Disneys quick service meals picked
-Offsite meals picked
-Park plan
-Watch videos and understand Genie +
-Passports in date?
-ESTAS
-Travel insurance
-Check insurance for cruise
-Spending money budget.
-Pre flight test booked

I've highlighted the things I've done in red... which isnt a lot oops If anyone can think of anything else i missed i would appreciate it!

Speak soon.

Edited at 09:41 AM.
Old 5 Mar 22, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Another May dinner! Hii! 😁

It always seems like such a long list to do doesn't it?!
Ours is SO long! But half of the things I can't even do yet.

We have just finalised our plan for when we are there, I'm pretty sure I've had it done long before now though! I guess it's the uncertainty of life at the moment. 🤔
Now to see if we get the ADRS we want! Fingers crossed!
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 22, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Another May Dibber here.

Only one thing I can see not mentioned on your list is the pre departure test currently required for entry to the USA.

If flying BA upload information to the Verifly app.

Have a fantastic time. Plenty of Dibbers out there at that time.
Old 5 Mar 22, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Originally Posted by lfc_sarah View Post
Another May dinner! Hii! 😁

It always seems like such a long list to do doesn't it?!
Ours is SO long! But half of the things I can't even do yet.

We have just finalised our plan for when we are there, I'm pretty sure I've had it done long before now though! I guess it's the uncertainty of life at the moment. 🤔
Now to see if we get the ADRS we want! Fingers crossed!
Hi 👋🏻
I think it’s because normally I plan so far in advance now I feel like I have loads to do 🙈
I’m jealous you have your plan sorted! I seem to be struggling especially with the park reservations in place!
What ADR’s are you hoping for? Good luck I hope you manage to get everything you’re wanting!
Old 5 Mar 22, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Another May Dibber here.

Only one thing I can see not mentioned on your list is the pre departure test currently required for entry to the USA.

If flying BA upload information to the Verifly app.

Have a fantastic time. Plenty of Dibbers out there at that time.
It’s nice to see all the May dibbers here!
Oh thank you! I honestly completely forgot about this even though it’s currently the most important thing! I really need to look into the details but I’m kind of avoiding it 🙈
Thank you for reading! Enjoy your holiday too!