Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 10 Jul 21, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Food and Wine Festival. Is it all that?

So next year will be our first time going in August so it means we will be there for the Food and Wine Festival. We are normally there for the Flower and Garden. We sometimes get a couple of things from the booths but not much. We tend to have a t/s meal instead. Would you recommend forgetting the table service and just doing the food booths? If so what recommendations, assuming they are roughly the same items? Some of it looks great, some of it looks overpriced!

Ps is it still avoid at the weekends?
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 21, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

We really enjoyed our evening eating from the food and wine booths in 2018 but we had the free dining plan so used snack credits. It was great fun and we shared each snack between the two of us and still felt very full at the end of the evening

However, I don’t think I would pay out of pocket for eating at the booths. Each snack is around $6-9, we stopped at 5-6 booths and had 2-3 snacks/drinks at each. That’s close to $100-150 for the evening for snacks and drinks which is very expensive for what you get. It’s fun, and if you’ve never done it then you may feel it’s worth it, but we would only do it again with free dining

The queues for the booths were also quite long, this was an October midweek evening. However, we returned on a Saturday for a ts meal at Chefs de France and failed to stay in Epcot after our meal as it was so crowded and there were huge groups of people drinking and spilling drinks everywhere, not a pleasant experience at all. So I would avoid weekends if you do want to eat at the booths, or in Epcot at all
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 21, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Also to answer your what to try question, our favourite was the cheddar soup and pretzel roll from Canada
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I was last there during F&G as well which I love for the scenery but not that bothered by the booths. My next trip is during FotH and I plan to eat at Regal Eagle instead of the booths. F&W doesn't appeal at all. This isn't much help.

But yes, I would still avoid on weekends where you can - especially the evenings.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 21, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Yes, we love it. We like having little tastes of things.
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 21, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I didn’t think we would be that bothered and had booked a TS for our Epcot day when we were there for the festival. Anyway when we got there we got caught up in it and decided to cancel the reservation and do booths instead. It was nice to do and we would do again, we enjoyed Germany and Italy the best.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 21, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

It is all way overpriced and tiny portions so you just have to put your Disney goggles on! But so great.

Last time we maxed out our snack credits, which of course isn’t an option currently. But we also had a wristband with a Disney gift card on as part of a special F&W package. That helped lessen the sting too! But not running currently either.

We spent an entire day sharing one dish from each booth. But because we had booked the special package, we were able to sit in reserved areas and order from 4 booths, and the CM brought our food. So relaxing and worth every penny, shame they don’t offer this any more.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 21, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It’s great when you have free dining but we would tend to do it instead of lunch. I wouldn’t do it more than one or two days in place of a meal.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 21, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It’s pretty overpriced and the weekends are full of stags , hens and large groups . How they afford to Get drunk is beyond me at $15 a pop . We think The portions seem to get smaller each visit as well.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 21, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DD and myself love it. DD is now 21 and was looking forward to drinking around the world ( well some of it). We don’t hit every booth but get the F & W booklet on the way in and pick our favourites. We go before 6 pm when it’s not too busy and head out at about 9pm mid week.
It is wise not to do the weekends as there is some antisocial behaviour from the drinkers.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List