Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Jul 21, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Very hopeful local friends can’t understand why we cant get in although masks are being recommended again in Orange County I’m sure Lake and Polk will follow suit soon
They were also saying they have never seen so many out of state lincence plates since late last year though the amount of Canadian snowbirds was much smaller than normal
There has also been a huge increase of Americans buying property in the Sunshine state for their own use or to move on a permanent basis
I reckon your chances are better than ours but we will need to wait till this afternoon to see if we can get out or not
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Very hopeful local friends can’t understand why we cant get in although masks are being recommended again in Orange County I’m sure Lake and Polk will follow suit soon
They were also saying they have never seen so many out of state lincence plates since late last year though the amount of Canadian snowbirds was much smaller than normal
There has also been a huge increase of Americans buying property in the Sunshine state for their own use or to move on a permanent basis
I reckon your chances are better than ours but we will need to wait till this afternoon to see if we can get out or not
Pretty sure Lake won’t recommend masks, they never have done
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Yes Canadian snowbirds slowed down due to borders being closed and we know they like to drive here lol

That should change this snowbird season as it looks like that border should be fully open soon
Old 13 Jul 21, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Coming from Busch Gardens it’s exit I4 at jct 55 Haines City and Clearmont
Take US 27 South
Follow US 27 south for approx 7 and a half miles make sure you are in the far right hand lane by the time you get to the Walmart at Southern Dunes Boulevard Mannys is on the Right after these lights
Easy to get into but can be a pain to come out and turn left to go back north S you have to get right out the car park and in to the inside right lane to turn at the first cut over
Winter Haven Mannys is just as. Good in fact we drive past the Haines City one to go to it jus5 as easy if coming from Busch
Going back to Windsor Hills I’d use Earnie Cauldwell then on to Ronald Reagan then right up Old Lake Wilson if you decide on Haines City Mannys
I would avoid OLW with every inch of my body lol. Traffic in the last 12 months has become unbearable
Old 13 Jul 21, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

To be honest it depends as to where I’m going on the 192 what way I go from us
I use either the 27 and FVG or Earnie and Old Lake Wilson even the 17/92 if we are going to our Accountant Joanne’s etc
Had heard OLW and up by Soltera had become really busy recently
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

To be honest it depends as to where I’m going on the 192 what way I go from us
I use either the 27 and FVG or Earnie and Old Lake Wilson even the 17/92 if we are going to our Accountant Joanne’s etc
Had heard OLW and up by Soltera had become really busy recently
It’s horrendous...whichever way you try to go , and the turn from the 192 ...shudders
Old 13 Jul 21, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Helen

To get back on to the 27 north from Manny's we always leave by the back entrance. Right on Nilsen Street, then right on West Commerce Avenue brings you a light on 27 where there's a dedicated left turn light.

OP
Google Maps is your friend for this.

Mick
That's handy to know, thanks. Hubby has just looked on google maps.
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by State27 View Post
Pretty sure Lake won’t recommend masks, they never have done
Pretty sure Polk never did either. There is a definite political and cultural divide between counties around here.
Old 13 Jul 21, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by State27 View Post
I would avoid OLW with every inch of my body lol. Traffic in the last 12 months has become unbearable
I do go that way back from Posner Park quite often but never without checking the traffic in Google Maps first.
Old 13 Jul 21, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Pretty sure Polk never did either. There is a definite political and cultural divide between counties around here.
So true!