Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 26 Jul 21, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

This is where we’re stuck. We’re next out in Feb but fly on Jan 28th using 2021 UY points for the first few nights.

If the replacement points show up on the 1st Feb, we’ll already be there so would have to swap points out on the fly for that night as won’t be going again next year until September or December, by which time they’ll have expired.

I’d rather just rent my October booking, it’s too complicated & I don’t want to spend any of my holiday dealing with points stress.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
This is where we’re stuck. We’re next out in Feb but fly on Jan 28th using 2021 UY points for the first few nights.

If the replacement points show up on the 1st Feb, we’ll already be there so would have to swap points out on the fly for that night as won’t be going again next year until September or December, by which time they’ll have expired.

I’d rather just rent my October booking, it’s too complicated & I don’t want to spend any of my holiday dealing with points stress.
Thats really tricky, my head's spinning.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Thats really tricky, my head's spinning.
I’m normally all over the points maths, but with last summers cancelled trip & trips being booked out of order, I’m completely clueless about where I am with anything other than total number of points on each contract.

I’m cutting my losses & renting - far less hassle.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Okay! 🤪 called MS dead on 2pm and still had a 30 minute wait. Helpful agent, who thankfully was patient and clear with his information! Whole call took 1 hour 10 minutes including the wait time!

Not sure if this helps anyone, and obviously just one agents information but he said the following;

My 2019 points are subject (as we all know!) to the international policy. I explained that on the chat last night I was told repeatedly that this could stop at anytime. He said this is correct, I pushed him to see if he knew under what circumstances it would stop, and he hinted strongly it was linked to the borders being closed? When they re-open the policy will stop more or less immediately? I asked if there would be notice posted or emailed and he said he thought there might be? He urged me to keep a close eye on the situation as if that stops there is nothing MS could do to help? 😬

The 2019 points I have (if I cancelled) would go in my account approx 2 weeks after the start of my use year(Dec). These can be used for any available booking, but have to be used (and travel completed) by May 31st 2022. Can not be banked or transferred? They also can not be used to book with until in your account, he went to double check this point for me!

I asked if I booked using borrowed points whether I could re jig the points and un-borrow them. He said yes they could, BUT only by cancelling and re booked the reservation and there is a risk that the reservation could be lost doing it! Haven't heard that before so no idea if that is correct 🤔?

I also asked if my 10 day reservation using 2019 points could be broken into 2 separate reservations? Again he could but there is a big risk of loosing the reservation as there is no availability? I can modify by reducing the days, but then those points are subject to the international policy.

Hope that makes some sense! I do feel clearer in my own mind now, and I have cancelled one of my reservations with 2020 points and banked them so they are safe! My ds has decided not to come even if we can go, so the 3 of us can squeeze into one studio if we have to! The other reservation I'm keeping for a bit longer and will keep and eye on the situation! Worse case I will rent it out as best I can! 😓

I've booked flights for March/April 2022, and I'm going to book DVC and juggle if I get more points back, and there is something still available!

I feel happier now that I have a plan! Good luck to you all! I need a g+t when I get home! And I bet the poor agent did after speaking to me! 😅
Old 26 Jul 21, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

The cancelling to rebook to rejig points is a worry... I'd be very fussy about which MS person I'd let do that... fastest finger first!
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
The cancelling to rebook to rejig points is a worry... I'd be very fussy about which MS person I'd let do that... fastest finger first!
I know! I got the impression he thought I would be mad to try! 😬
Old 26 Jul 21, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
I know! I got the impression he thought I would be mad to try! 😬
I'd like to think there would be a way they could do it thats not so risky! We will be in same position. I've not had an email yet so mustn't have been added to mums account but when I have I'll maybe call and see if they say anything different... pot luck isn't it.
Old 26 Jul 21, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

What if you do that, like cancel and try to rebook with the extended points, the second you hit cancel, does everyone with that resort as a waitlist get am email or something? how does that work?
Old 26 Jul 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

What if you do that, like cancel and try to rebook with the extended points, the second you hit cancel, does everyone with that resort as a waitlist get am email or something? how does that work?
The room goes back into availability and can be seen by other members searching but I believe the waitlist requests are only checked for matches two or three times a day.

It would be fastest finger first though if someone was searching for the room just as you released it. If I was brave enough to try it it would be about 6am UK time when everyone else was hopefully asleep
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
The room goes back into availability and can be seen by other members searching but I believe the waitlist requests are only checked for matches two or three times a day.

It would be fastest finger first though if someone was searching for the room just as you released it. If I was brave enough to try it it would be about 6am UK time when everyone else was hopefully asleep
That's how he explained it to me so sounds like what he said was correct! 😏 The trouble is if we wanted to unborrow our points MS would have to do it for us, so during opening hours when we are at risk of a snatch! 😬.

Toots82, I've never had an email from them ever? They never seem to send anything to UK guests! 🤔😕