Notices

Old 27 Jul 21, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
AL1S0N
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by RM2016 View Post
I returned to Edinburgh yesterday, same prices as Wales and just used Randox.
And they accepted that at the airport? I didn't think there was a choice in not going thru CTM?
AL1S0N is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by AL1S0N View Post
And they accepted that at the airport? I didn't think there was a choice in not going thru CTM?
Yes absolutely no issues what so ever. All that is needed on your locator form for returning home is a reference number which I had from Randox.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Whoppery5k View Post
What's randox
The testing company, I booked a day 2 test for £43 instead of the rip off Scottish Government ones.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
FamilyGWales
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
I will just buy the cheap tests and risk it
Technically there is a 1000 pound fine I think. But I am a chicken and was looking at the official requirements.

My understanding is that Scotland and Wales require that you use the designated ones that link to your NhS records. It's only England that allows something different AFAIK. (Edit NI have changed their regs to allow both)

Edited at 07:37 PM.
FamilyGWales is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
AL1S0N
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by RM2016 View Post
Yes absolutely no issues what so ever. All that is needed on your locator form for returning home is a reference number which I had from Randox.
Interesting! We've booked with tui and if flying into England and purchasing the tui one would save us hundreds!
AL1S0N is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by AL1S0N View Post
Interesting! We've booked with tui and if flying into England and purchasing the tui one would save us hundreds!
Thinking about doing the same
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

A work colleague's daughter booked the tests through TUI even though she lives in Wales. She got back into the country just fine and so far nothing's come of not using the Welsh Gov't approved tests. If anything happens, I'll be sure to update.

Not so sure I'd be prepared to take the risk of being denied boarding the plane or entry into the country, or have £1000 fine (x 5 of us). Perhaps it's a small risk but I don't know if my nerves could take it, knowingly doing something I'm not supposed to. Sometimes ignorance is bliss, and if you don't know...

Dripford, here in Wales, has said categorically he will not remove the need to use the gov'ts approved tests as he has said he does not want the Welsh to leave the UK this year and will not make it easier or cheaper for them...
2022 - I can live in hope...
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You need the PCR booking code for the PLF.

When you check in, you tick a box to say you’ve filled in the PLF and when you get to the airport they say…

Have you filled in the PLF and you say yes. You bring it up on the screen of your phone and all they check is your name. Nothing else at all. Not interested.

In fact after returning to Wales I had an email saying

‘You should have booked PCR tests for day 2. If you have not done that yet, it’s not too late and you can book through this website link below’.

I think there’s a lot of scare tactics going on. The whole process was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be.
Old 29 Jul 21, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
AL1S0N
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by Reereef View Post
You need the PCR booking code for the PLF.

When you check in, you tick a box to say you’ve filled in the PLF and when you get to the airport they say…

Have you filled in the PLF and you say yes. You bring it up on the screen of your phone and all they check is your name. Nothing else at all. Not interested.

In fact after returning to Wales I had an email saying

‘You should have booked PCR tests for day 2. If you have not done that yet, it’s not too late and you can book through this website link below’.

I think there’s a lot of scare tactics going on. The whole process was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be.
Thanks, good to know!