Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 2 Aug 21, 01:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie2021
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

It only works out better if you are travelling solo. So, no, just another Disney cop-out to recoup lost revenue.

I really think us Brits used to free dining will be re-evaluating Disney restaurants now we have to pay/part pay for them. When we used to have the free QSDP and DDP, the price was never a problem. Now we are naturally going to be more discerning.
Yorkie2021 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 06:15 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have booked for 2 adults in a value at disney for 10 days.
If memory serves me right the value hotels only use to advertised as free breakfast which was basically 1 x qs and snack per person.
So am guessing for our next stay in May that the dining credit of $360 and $200 gift voucher if used in food ( $28 per person per day ) would equate to the same as original free breakfast deal

Edited at 06:21 AM.
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
If memory serves me right the value hotels only use to advertised as free breakfast which was basically 1 x qs and snack per person.
So am guessing for our next stay in May that the dining credit of $360 and $200 gift voucher if used in food ( $28 per person per day ) would equate to the same as original free breakfast deal
Yes I agree by booking a value for next year I don't feel like I'm missing out quite so much!
natanddaz is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Solo traveller, quite happy with food credit in a value.
Orlandobelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

One question I havent seen an answer to so far is whether you can use your dining credit towards the purchase of a dining plan.

I am hoping that you will be able to (given how Disney have always let you upgrade between free DDP levels in the past, including from the basic option offered at Values).
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
You didn't get a snack on the old DDP value plan, it was only 1 QS credit. Which was valued at roughly $18 at the time, although adding alcohol to the acceptable drinks did bump this up a bit. So $36pd is pretty much the same value for 2 people without even using the gift card. With the card, you're ahead of the old plan.

Originally Posted by The Fatadder View Post
One question I havent seen an answer to so far is whether you can use your dining credit towards the purchase of a dining plan.

I am hoping that you will be able to (given how Disney have always let you upgrade between free DDP levels in the past, including from the basic option offered at Values).
No one will know until DDP is announced. As it is currently set up, no you won't be able to. As you have to purchase DDP in advance of your trip but won't receive the dining card until you check in. However, WDTC may choose to offer some kind of paid upgrade as it will ultimately benefit them to do so.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

If we go, would be 2 of us, and with the gift card, we'd have $1100 to use over 14 nights at Port Orleans... so $80 a day for 2 of us.

On DDP we do get rather full, and it does put you on a stricter time table having to book ADR's (although I like both!), so it is a bit more flexible, and we'd prob eat off site a couple of times too, so it will work.

Without anything, prob would be off site, and buying limited food onsite, so less park time.

I wonder if Dining Credits can only be used for food, or they are dollars against your account/room.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stupet11 View Post
I wonder if Dining Credits can only be used for food, or they are dollars against your account/room.
It is a separate gift card that's only accepted at dining locations. It's essentially the same premise as the QS dining card that S&D guests can already purchase, but also valid at TS and lounges.
Old 2 Aug 21, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
It is a separate gift card that's only accepted at dining locations. It's essentially the same premise as the QS dining card that S&D guests can already purchase, but also valid at TS and lounges.
Thanks - do you know if it can be loaded on magic band - and you ask to use (a bit like DDP) instead of cash?
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stupet11 View Post
Thanks - do you know if it can be loaded on magic band - and you ask to use (a bit like DDP) instead of cash?
Based on the info they've released so far, it doesn't sound like it will be on the band like credits were. It's a barcode that the CM will need to scan when processing the payment. Also sounds like it will be a digital card which is emailed to you, not a physical one.

It can be loaded into MDE to use a payment method for mobile ordering though.