Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 2 Aug 21, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
iheartwdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Boats, Bahamas and Boos: DCL October 2019: Day 5: Pools, Prizes and Putt Putt Golf

Day 5: Pools, Prizes and Putt Putt Golf
Thursday 17th October 2019

We had a day at sea to look forward to today, but first we had to fill up our bellies! It wouldn’t be a Disney trip if you didn’t have Mickey Waffles for breakfast , so that is what I opted for this morning. Nathan had these as his ‘pudding’, after a full English .

I love the decor all over the ship, how detailed is this Nemo mosaic?!

I’ve just realised, I forgot to show you a picture of our decorated door, so here you go! We had made Halloween magnets and as mentioned earlier on joined a fish extender group. We opted for a magnet exchange and loved it. We got such cute ornaments for our door (now fridge at home) and as the only Brits in our group, we got red postbox and telephone box ornaments for the rest of our group, as our gifts.

Whilst it was still cool in the morning, we headed for some crazy golf. The course is fun and the view is amazing. I’m pretty sure I also won!

During the day we sunbathed and enjoyed the adults only pool… if only everyday could be like these ones?! We also took part in two more quizzes, a Disney one by ourself, which was an adults version and really hard. We also took part in another music quiz with one of the couples from our table and won again! I have to admit, it was definitely more them then us contributing to this one. It was very country music based and we had hardly heard of any of the artists.

We got dolled up for the evening and our last meal on the ship. It was, as all of the others had been, delicious. Our servers were amazing, friendly and attentive, but not overbearing. They got to know all of us, our likes and drinks orders, making sure that everything ran smoothly and offering personal recommendations.

We had time to squeeze in one final quiz after dinner, the final music quiz. It was current/2000s music, which is more our area of knowledge and we smashed it, winning again with our table mates. As we had won so many quizzes over the sailing, we already had the keyring etc. so the amazing host (who had run all of the ones we had been to as a team), went off to find us a special prize. We ended up with some fab caps, although my dad stole mine when we get back. It was a great evening and a perfect way to finish the cruise.

Nathan and I had a final mooch around the ship in the evening to say goodbye, before going back to our cabin to pack.

Only one more full day before we had to head home .

Laura Xx
iheartwdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
What’s a fish extender ?

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
iheartwdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneycraft View Post
What’s a fish extender ?
Sorry!

A fish extender is a bit like a secret Santa that you can join in with onboard. Outside each cabin is a hook, in the shape of a fish (hence the name) and you attach something to collect your gifts in.

Groups join in before the cruise, often via Facebook and set a theme - magnets, Christmas ornaments, kids, candy etc. You then buy for each room and mooch around popping a gift in each extender, whilst receiving something in your own - I hope this makes sense.

They are an extra touch that is not organised by Disney, but by Disney fans!

Laura Xx
iheartwdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by iheartwdw View Post
Sorry!

A fish extender is a bit like a secret Santa that you can join in with onboard. Outside each cabin is a hook, in the shape of a fish (hence the name) and you attach something to collect your gifts in.

Groups join in before the cruise, often via Facebook and set a theme - magnets, Christmas ornaments, kids, candy etc. You then buy for each room and mooch around popping a gift in each extender, whilst receiving something in your own - I hope this makes sense.

They are an extra touch that is not organised by Disney, but by Disney fans!

Laura Xx
Ahhh that sounds wonderful,thanks for explaining xx

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
iheartwdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneycraft View Post
Ahhh that sounds wonderful,thanks for explaining xx
You're welcome