Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 8 Aug 21, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
999happyhaunts
Gone all Goofy

DLP onsite... how long?

Hey fellow DIBBers,

Currently looking at options to get our 'Disney fix' if our Florida trip gets cancelled. I've been to DLP and WDSP before but only as part of a VERY condensed day trip and really didn't get the full experience.

Hoping this time to get much more out of it! I'm currently looking at taking the Eurostar into Gare Du Nord on Monday 13th Sept then RER in to DLP as this is cheaper than into DLP direct. We will travel to just outside DLP for our first night and will stay in a budget hotel. Early on the Tuesday we would check in to the Cheyenne hotel for 3 nights. This would give us three full days in DLP and WDSP. We would have to check out on early on the Friday as we will flying out from CGD to see family in Northern Ireland and flights are limited.

Will 3 days be enough to experience the parks? We are an adult couple with no kids who like to take a leisurely pace, don't get to parks at "rope drop" and will spend evenings enjoying a leisurely meal and drinks at a bar.

We know WDW inside out and this is completely new to us! I know it will NOT be the same. I'm forever telling the restaurant staff in the USA to slow down as we like a slower pace... Hopefully DLP will be a revaluation

Enough waffle! In summary is 3 full days in DLP enough?

*tips appreciated
999happyhaunts is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
rking89
Getting Excited

If you are going midweek outside of school times then 3 days should be more then enough. If you make full use of EMH but depending on how the queues now there is no free fast passes but queues can build up later. The SL is within walking distance of the parks. I'd say it takes 1-1/2 days to do the DLP park and about 1/2 day to do Studios park (basically Crush's coaster and ToT at the moment with the building work going on).

Paris 06, 19, 22?
rking89 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
999happyhaunts
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by rking89 View Post
If you are going midweek outside of school times then 3 days should be more then enough.
Thanks for that! I did think that 3 days would be enough as we are going out of term time. I was pricing up both 3 and 4 night stays and don’t want to fall into the trap of paying out for a longer trip and getting bored towards the end (if that’s possible!). Need to look a bit more into the attractions and restaurants that are or will be closed.
999happyhaunts is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I did everything I wanted on a 2 night trip and certainly wasn't rushing. 3 nights will be more than enough midweek in September, would suggest 2 days in Disneyland and 1 day in Studios. Although you can easily go between the two because it's laid out more like Disneyland California than WDW.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

It's been years since I've taken the Eurostar from St Pancras to DLP, but one other route you could consider looking at would be Eurostar from St Pancras to Lille, then the TGV from Lille to Marne La Vallee. I used to book this route (through the Eurostar website) and it was usually around the same price as the St Pancras to Gare du Nord route, but got me direct to the gates of DLP with a fairly easy change at Lille.

I feel like 3 days would be enough in DLP but it does depend on how bad the crowds are and if there are any other limitations/restrictions that may be in place in the parks. Some rides always have an insanely long queue in my experience though (like Crush's coaster)...
Old 9 Aug 21, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
999happyhaunts
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
one other route you could consider looking at would be Eurostar from St Pancras to Lille, then the TGV from Lille to Marne La Vallee.
I did look at this option but ruled it out as the price was almost the same as gare du nord. I didn't however consider that it would go straight to the gates of DLP. I will explore this again. Thank you!

Think I'll stick with the 3 days as I feel 2 might be a bit rushed (especially if there are any mad queues). That way we can enjoy a slightly more leisurely pace. If worst comes to worst and we start running out of time we can look at the paid FP option (Never thought I'd be saying that! )
Old 9 Aug 21, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
ClippedWings
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by 999happyhaunts View Post
I did look at this option but ruled it out as the price was almost the same as gare du nord. I didn't however consider that it would go straight to the gates of DLP. I will explore this again. Thank you!

Think I'll stick with the 3 days as I feel 2 might be a bit rushed (especially if there are any mad queues). That way we can enjoy a slightly more leisurely pace. If worst comes to worst and we start running out of time we can look at the paid FP option (Never thought I'd be saying that! )
We did a one day two park crazy trip back in 2013 early September (when Spanish schools were on holiday) and managed to fit in pretty much everything without fast pass. I’m sure you’ll have a lovely leisurely time.
ClippedWings is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List