Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 6 Aug 21, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Thanks
I agree, I think I’d prefer the flexibility of the credit
I think if I were a single traveller I would prefer the flexibility too. But even for two people it is a high price to pay for flexibility, we have generally not even been bothered about the plan in the past because of its inflexibility. But if both offers were in front of me, I would be hard pressed to turn down something which for two people provides at least double the $ value if not more.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 21, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
looloomoomoo
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 37
Guidebook Reviews: 5
Was excited for just a few moments there myself ... Will watch the next offer with great interest and anticipation. When does the current offer finish?

looloomoomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 21, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by looloomoomoo View Post
Was excited for just a few moments there myself ... Will watch the next offer with great interest and anticipation. When does the current offer finish?
Not until November. After that should be free nights if following the normal pattern. I wouldn't expect any return of free DDP until 2023, if they choose to bring it back.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 21, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
looloomoomoo
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 37
Guidebook Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Not until November. After that should be free nights if following the normal pattern. I wouldn't expect any return of free DDP until 2023, if they choose to bring it back.
Fingers crossed and will give me time to save

looloomoomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 21, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I think if I were a single traveller I would prefer the flexibility too. But even for two people it is a high price to pay for flexibility, we have generally not even been bothered about the plan in the past because of its inflexibility. But if both offers were in front of me, I would be hard pressed to turn down something which for two people provides at least double the $ value if not more.
Agreed. I priced up a 2 bed villa at SSR for our party of 4 and it’s not any more than 2 rooms at AKL. Great, I thought then remembered we’d get one room credit between the 4 of us. Not such a great deal now.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 05:37 AM  
Link to this Post
kikimouse
Apprentice Imagineer

If you are booking two rooms at AKL, you can do two separate bookings and get two sets of dining credit and gift cards. Just need to request for connecting rooms.
kikimouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by kikimouse View Post
If you are booking two rooms at AKL, you can do two separate bookings and get two sets of dining credit and gift cards. Just need to request for connecting rooms.
Yes that’s what we’d do, I was referring to the 2 bed at SSR which counts as one room but can sleep up to 8 - the dining credit is a terrible deal compared to free DDP.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Yes that’s what we’d do, I was referring to the 2 bed at SSR which counts as one room but can sleep up to 8 - the dining credit is a terrible deal compared to free DDP.
Couldn’t agree more. I’m praying on free DDP’s return for 2023, otherwise our on site holidays will be a thing of the past 😢

We’d prioritise the Disney restaurants (Cali Grill, Narcoossee’s, The Boathouse) rather than our accommodation, so that’s the sacrifice we’re going to have to make.

I’ve earmarked Springfield Suites, LBV and Lake Buena Vista Village Resort for us as off site options that are cheap enough for us to be able to eat as we would if on DDP.

But I really hope we don’t have to make that sacrifice. With the free DDP, we can stay on site and eat at those restaurants. Best of both worlds.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 05:20 AM  
Link to this Post
kikimouse
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I know. 😪😪😪 There’s 5 of us in our party and I miss the free DDP. It was amazing when the kids were smaller and really enjoyed the character meals.
kikimouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
My feeling is that FD won't return until 2024,ok we obviously have a small sample here but by how quickly Hotels are booking up & the fact that there is a massive demand to return due to covid, they don't have any real idea how successful the campaign is. Basically run the same campaign for '23, giving them a proper "sample" & let's face it 1 credit is approx $10/day less than the equivalent DDP so on a family 4 that's the best part of $250/day to the good for Disney!So they are really really hoping to not have to return it!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List