Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 16 Aug 21, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Concerned
slightly serious Dibber

Universal E-Tickets - Problem!

Back in Jan 2021 I purchased a couple of one day base e-tickets at Universal Orlando, expiring on Jan 30th 2022.
I bought them at Undercovertourist.

Today I enquired about whether I could cancel the tickets as the travel ban is still in place and my planned journey on Sept 25th this year has been cancelled. They were not at all helpful, claiming that after 90 days they can no longer cancel the tickets and told me they were sorry but tough.

Not sure what to do - there is no way I can go to Orlando before Jan 30th 2022 even if travel from the UK resumes by then. Any suggestions?
Concerned is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 21, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Travel insurance claim maybe?
Old 16 Aug 21, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Concerned
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Travel insurance claim maybe?
I was not insured!
Old 17 Aug 21, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Guest relations at universal may be able to freeze them or extend them for you
Old 17 Aug 21, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Interesting. Because on UndercoverTourist's website for the Universal 1-day base ticket it says:

Refund Policy
Refundable for one (1) year from the date of purchase. E-Ticket must be unused. Once verified with the vendor that they are unused, 95% of the item(s) total will be refunded. Yup, we are friendly frogs. The 5% fee will cover the delivery, handling and the processing fees associated with accepting payment and fulfilling the order.

As you bought the ticket around 7 months ago then they should refund you 95% of the value. As per their terms.

You may want to go back to them and point out what it says on their website?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Concerned
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Interesting. Because on UndercoverTourist's website for the Universal 1-day base ticket it says:

Refund Policy
Refundable for one (1) year from the date of purchase. E-Ticket must be unused. Once verified with the vendor that they are unused, 95% of the item(s) total will be refunded. Yup, we are friendly frogs. The 5% fee will cover the delivery, handling and the processing fees associated with accepting payment and fulfilling the order.

As you bought the ticket around 7 months ago then they should refund you 95% of the value. As per their terms.

You may want to go back to them and point out what it says on their website?
I didn't see this! Please provide link.
Old 17 Aug 21, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Concerned View Post
I didn't see this! Please provide link.
Ok. Hopefully this link will work:

undercovertourist/or...dtn-expiration

You need to scroll down to where is says "Refund Policy".

If the above doesn't work then go onto their website, go to the Universal tickets, select a 1-day base ticket, read the info below it.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 02:03 PM.
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Concerned
slightly serious Dibber

The issue appears resolved (I hope). I called UT and they told me that they could not refund me because I paid by PayPal and after 3 months since the transaction the system does not allow PayPal refunds (a new one on me). So they will credit my debit card instead. I'll wait a few days to see if they really carry out the credit, otherwise I'll be back on the phone to them. Emailing them is useless, you just get daft responses.
Old 18 Aug 21, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Concerned View Post
The issue appears resolved (I hope). I called UT and they told me that they could not refund me because I paid by PayPal and after 3 months since the transaction the system does not allow PayPal refunds (a new one on me). So they will credit my debit card instead. I'll wait a few days to see if they really carry out the credit, otherwise I'll be back on the phone to them. Emailing them is useless, you just get daft responses.
Aha. So the problem wasn't that they wouldn't refund after 90 days. It was that they couldn't refund after 90 days because the system didn't allow it for some reason.

You would've thought they would've requested an alternative method to refund you if they couldn't refund to your PayPal account. It sounds more like an excuse to me, but maybe it was a genuine issue.

Fingers crossed you get your refund in a few days.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 19 Aug 21, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Concerned
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Aha. So the problem wasn't that they wouldn't refund after 90 days. It was that they couldn't refund after 90 days because the system didn't allow it for some reason.

You would've thought they would've requested an alternative method to refund you if they couldn't refund to your PayPal account. It sounds more like an excuse to me, but maybe it was a genuine issue.

Fingers crossed you get your refund in a few days.
The refund has finally arrived - they credited my debit card with the funds. It took a couple of phone calls, but they did it.

In future I'll stick to card payments instead of PayPal.