Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 2 Sep 21, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Thumbs up Anthem Of The Seas - British Isles Mini Cruise - Day 4 - Wonderland

So I woke in time to see our arrival into Liverpool with Sally on the balcony. I spotted the holy mecca that is Anfield in the distance. We (or I) had decided we may do a stadium tour of Anfield if we had been able to get off the ship independently with the kids. It would have been a good education for the kids... and Sally! I don't think Sally was too disappointed that we couldn't go what with being a Man Utd fan!

We soon headed off for our morning ritual of a COastal Kitchen breakfast.

Benjamin tucked into his usual chocolate doughnut for breakfast

I mixed things up with a white chocolate doughnut and Sally had a cinnamon swirl. These calories were really going to hurt us this week

We had our usual hot breakfasts and the strawberry pancakes were an addition again. If I wasn't back on my diet now that I'm back home Sally would be being begged to make these for me

We headed down to the pool for an early swim before the queueing started. Emma is turning into a bit of a water baby but Benjamin was just happy to be watching.

After our swim e paid a little visit to guest services and I went to the Loyalty Ambassdaor's desk just to get Benjamin and Emma enrolled in the Crown and Anchor program.

The kids enjoyed playing with the light switches here although some of them were not working properly.

We headed up to Seaplex as the kids were keen for another game of Air Hockey.

It's a nice place to just watch the world go by and it was a glorious sunny day by 2021 Uk standards.

We headed down to get an ice cream each by the pool. We were shocked that this was the first of the week. During Covid there is a staff member serving you rather than helping yourself but it made little difference to the previous experiences.

It was time to have a little lubrication. This wasn't the first of the day. usually had my first cocktail by the pool by about 09:00

I think, for me, the main downside of current cruising was the social distancing measures of using the pools. I think I took this picture as an example. It can be a bit frustrating for kids the age of ours to have to stand and wait to use the swimming pools. That was why we tended to swim early and then do other things.

We chilled out enjoying the warmth of the sunshine and had another kids before having a little chill out of the suite sun deck.

This afternoon the kids wanted a bit of downtime and Benjamin was asking to go back to the 'hotel room'. We decided on a late lunch from room service. Were were eating in Wonderland tonight and knew the kids would not be impressed with their offerings so a late lunch was the perfect answer for us today.

Years ago all room service was included on RCI. Nowadays you can get continental breakfast included for free but other than that there is a $7.99 (iI think) 'convenience fee per delivery.

The kids wanted pizza and chips for a change.

I had a Royal Burger and fries along with some spicy chicken wings. I wet for the mild option and they were still pretty warm.

Sally was better behaved today with a Caesar Salad.

Emma was happy enough with her late lunch.

We had another reservation for dodgems at 16:00 so headed off there. We were a little early and they didn't check us in properly the first time so Sally and I each managed to have a go with Emma. I think the whole booking system for these was a bit of a farce in all honesty. The first on the ship seemed to book up the slots for the whole week with others missing out. I saw people trying to see if they could just queue to have a go because they didn't manage to get a reservation and were told it was not allowed even when there was hardly anyone waiting.

We had a 17:45 reservation for Wonderland. I was quite looking forward to this from the reviews I had read but Sally wasn't quite so sure and was a bit worried about wat the kids would eat.

On arrival we were shown to our table. One of the chairs at our table was hug and high backed. The kids both wanted this chair. We told them they could swap between courses but this wasn't going down very well with them. Our server soon noticed and brought over another chair the same which I thought was really good and stopped the kids bickering

We were soon handed a kids menu too so I wouldn't worry about bringing kids here.

For started they brought out a mixture of their most popular appetizers. I apologize that most of my pictures came out blurry as it wasn't at the forefront of my mind but I will include a few.

I don't particularly eat fish but I gave most of it a try. The appetizers were probably our least favourite part of the meal. We did try a couple of Wonderland's cocktails though that were very good.

For entree Sally and I both ordered the short Ribs. I have to say this was excellent! We both really enjoyed it.

They also suggested we try the chicken so they brought another entree for us to share.

For dessert the kids both ordered the chocolate brownie and were both shocked with what they received.

It was essentially like the adult's 'World' dessert, It was a large white chocolate egg on a bed of candy floss. The server poured warm caramel on the egg to make it hatch the chocolate brownie and ice cream inside. Fortunately the kids left enough for me to have a good sample too.

Sally and had the world and another. The desserts were really good especially the chocolate ones. The mushroom one was made mainly of different meringues and bed of red velvet with some sorbet.

We really enjoyed Wonderland and was glad we had booked for the experience as much as the food. The service was faultless. It may be a 'once and done' for us but had no regrets about booking. That's down to personal taste as the food was really good.

We had a magic show booked for tonight. We were already running a bit late and for some reason I thought the show was in 270. On arrival and being seated we found this was a singer so we hotfooted it down to the Royal Theatre. As we were late it had already started and our seats weren't the best. He was very good but for the kids they probably would have preferred a kids type magician pulling a rabbit out of a hat. They watched attentively in the main though.

We returned to the stateroom about 21:30 to another towel animal and had had another lovely day enjoying family time.

Our drinks for the day on the package cost £89.76. Without the package would have cost approximately £180.

August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress

Edited at 01:02 PM.
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Ahhh don’t worry about the calories, you’re on holiday! Enjoy them and worry about the rest when you get home

That Caesar salad looks lovely! The Wonderland restaurant looks unique and that egg desserts looks amazing, I bet the kid’s loved watching that.

Another lovely day and still getting your money’s worth of the drinks package! X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
I want to book Wonderland and my daughter is not sure with it.

But I will show her your photos and it looked amazing.
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Wonderland looks amazing!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List