Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Jun 15, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Gutted - my eldest can't come now.

We are all of to Florida in August , we are meeting my sister who lives out there and staying in Anna Maria then on to Orlando. My eldest has just finished Uni and got a job which I was so happy about , but they are saying he cant come with us on holiday as there are important meetings planned for the week we are away. We paid for him and his girlfriend to come and I know she wont come if he doesn't so that's two flights gone to waste.
It is not so much about the money that will be wasted its more to the fact that everyone was so looking forward to it , spending time with my sister and her partner and all my lot being together for a while which doesn't happen often now. With the recent terrorism events it brought home to me how much I wanted to spend some quality time with all my family (plus as he is 21 soon he probably wont be holidaying with us anymore). I know his job is important and he is gutted too .
However if I have to look on the bright side, it means my dog doesn't have to go in the kennels , the guinea pigs don't have to go off to my niece and I don't have to hire an extra car to fit us all and thus avoiding driving which I was dreading.!
Old 29 Jun 15, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
anita1963
Imagineer

poor you ...but it is really good news he has a job so soon can he join you a few days later if you can change the flights ?
anita1963 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 15, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Mmm. All part of the children growing up and flying the nest etc.
Sad but hey he is employed and a lot cannot say that so that's an achievement. Twice I lost a deposit when years ago I booked for our Son to come and then his job turned down a leave request. That's the only reason that back then I booked a fly drive which gave me a bit of flexibility.
Are you certain his partner won't come?
However sorry to hear your plans have gone awry

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 15, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post

If he didn't state the holiday at the interview then not much he can do if he did they have to honour it
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 15, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by charlieangels View Post
If he didn't state the holiday at the interview then not much he can do if he did they have to honour it
There is no obligation for any employer to honour a new employee's holiday even if mentioned at the interview.

Most will as a goodwill gesture but some won't .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 15, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
There is no obligation for any employer to honour a new employee's holiday even if mentioned at the interview.

Most will as a goodwill gesture but some won't .
Never known a company not to in all my working years if I'm honest most honour it
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 15, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

He didn't tell them as he didn't want to jeopardize his chances , he always felt getting a job was more important than a holiday which he is right to think. He said to them I do have a holiday booked and if it is a problem I will cancel and sadly it is . I only paid the balance off last month , I will contact United airlines and see if I can maybe change the flights to later on in the year for him I know there will be a fee to pay. Maybe he can visit my sister just them two , as she is moving to Boston in September. He is working for a private school in the marketing department so I just assumed school holidays wouldn't be a problem but the head told him its their busiest time. Not sure how he will cope in a year or two though as he is girlfriend is training to be a teacher and will only be allowed the school holidays off.
Old 29 Jun 15, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Sorry to hear, but worth seeing about getting a change of date for the 2 of them. xx
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 15, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by charlieangels View Post
Never known a company not to in all my working years if I'm honest most honour it
That's what I said, most will as a goodwill gesture, but there is no legal obligation to honour a new employee's holiday.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 15, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
traceylou1972
Apprentice Imagineer

traceylou1972's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I'm in the same boat at the moment too. Eldest daughter told her new employer of the two holidays we had booked and was told not to worry. Her training was due to finish on 3rd August and we fly to Rhodes on 5th. Fantastic, I thought. Nope - training is now due to finish on 7th. I have said I'm prepared to change the holiday for the 6 of us and she is still waiting for a response. Our Christmas trip to America is on hold too as they won't give a yes or no until the end of August

So frustrating, I don't want to jeopardise her employment but I just wish they would say yes or no so I can try and salvage some money back. :angry:

Hope you manage to sort out your sons flights to another date
Cheyenne Aug 01, Circus Dec 03 ,DCR Dec 04, Magic Circus Dec 05, Kyriad NYE 07, Sequoia Feb 08, Val de Eur Jun 08, Cheyenne Oct 08, Magic Circus Jul 09, DH Feb 10, Newport Bay Feb 11, Kryiad Nov 11, Circus Jan 13 Sept 93 I Drive, Jul 07 Villa,Apr 09 Villa, Oct 10 Villa, Apr 11 Cruise & Villa, Xmas 11 Villa, July 12 Villa, Apr 14 Villa, Apr 15 Cruise & Villa, Dec 15 Villa, Aug 17 Villa & Cruise, Oct 18 Villa, Aug 19
traceylou1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread