Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Mar 18, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
anita1963
Imagineer

thank you Amis ..getting worried now ive booked it ! really excited though ..travelling on your own is always a bit scary !
anita1963 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 18, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
anita1963
Imagineer

thank you tocpe321 yhink it will be our mode of transport ..can you ask for woman drivers ?
anita1963 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 18, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by anita1963 View Post
thank you tocpe321 yhink it will be our mode of transport ..can you ask for woman drivers ?
Not an expert on Uber, but we didn’t ask, that’s just they way it worked out.
Old 14 Mar 18, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
anita1963
Imagineer

Thank you
Old 19 Mar 18, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Mobile

I had the pleasure of attending a relative's birthday celebration on Shelter Island over the weekend. Some of us stayed at the Island Palms hotel, and I captured these photos of some of the gorgeous views you can get from around the hotel. I was reminded of what a great area Shelter Island is to stay, for anyone who is considering visiting San Diego.

This was followed up the next morning by a great breakfast at the Fig Tree Cafe in the nearby Liberty Station neighborhood. These are orange zest infused pancakes at Fig Tree Cafe. 👍 Cute little restaurant with a lot of organic and locally sourced foods- I highly recommend it.

Also, I took a stroll around the grounds behind a couple of the hotels in Liberty Station. These are both nice places to stay, minutes from downtown and right next to the airport.

This is the Homewood Suites Liberty Station hotel.

And next door is the Marriott Courtyard Liberty Station hotel.

Views from the walking trail behind these two hotels- if you like plane spotting, this is a great location to do it! It is under the flight path for planes taking off from the airport.

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 18, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
anita1963
Imagineer

looks great i have booked PARADISE POINT RESORT AND SPA after all hope its a good one ! will use uber and buses i hope !
Old 19 Mar 18, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

looks great i have booked PARADISE POINT RESORT AND SPA after all hope its a good one ! will use uber and buses i hope !
Paradise Point is very pretty and has a good resort-type feel to it. The location in Mission Bay is very lovely, you will be five minutes from the beach and Sea World, and it has a good central location to all the other attractions in San Diego.

I know you've been a little worried because this is a new city for you and you are traveling on your own with two sons- but just remember I am here and if you have any questions or issues while you are in San Diego, please don't hesitate to contact me either on this thread or send me a private message.

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 18, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
anita1963
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh Aims thank you so very much ..that is so kind of you 😊.. makes me feel so much better ... I sure I will be fine but knowing you are near is a great comfort thank you xxx
Old 19 Mar 18, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Shelter Island looks gorgeous!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 18, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Oh Aims thank you so very much ..that is so kind of you 😊.. makes me feel so much better ... I sure I will be fine but knowing you are near is a great comfort thank you xxx
You're welcome I am sure everything will go fine too, but I'm here if you need me!

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Shelter Island looks gorgeous!
It really is a wonderful spot, Melbatb. There are just a few hotels and restaurants on the "island" (which is technically a peninsula)...so the atmosphere is more laid-back and less hectic than in nearby downtown.

Edited at 07:30 PM.