Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Brilliant update as usual. I bet it’s a laugh a minute living at your house! 😂

Not sure what I think about those 2 poached eggs quietly sitting on that plate all alone. I can’t say what they look like, other than to say, they could do with a tan! 😆😉

Kat
Aw thanks it's a rollercoaster experience but yes lots of laughs The two poached eggs on a plate shot may appear several times!

Originally Posted by jandlsmum View Post
Loving enjoying your holiday with you ,thank you for sharing
Thanks for reading and glad you're enjoying

Originally Posted by Disney Nanny View Post
Following this fun
Great to have you along for the trip
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
hipthehippo
Imagineer

Loving your report. Thank you for sharing. although I must remember not to read it at work - too many laugh out loud moments!

Growing old is mandatory, but, growing up is optional
"Live a Life that Matters" - Michael Josephson - RIP Dad 20.07.05
2006, 2007 - Rolling Hills / 2008 - Villa - can't remember! / 2009, 2010 - Sunset Lakes / 2011 - Indian Creek / 2012 - Sunset Lakes / 2013 - Emerald Island / 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2023 - Sunset Lakes
hipthehippo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Lunch - BA Plane Food Economy vs Club World Showdown

If you want to read why some people are obsessed with upgrading, read on!

theCMG Economy Experience

Flight took off 90 mins late in the end. I consoled myself with a vodka tonic as I watched Isle of Dogs (which was better than expected). Then lunch arrived and I went for the Thai Red Curry option
Outside - a cool green Union Jack design on the hot meal. This is going to be good

Inside - looks like the flag of an unhappy country (not the UK flag thankfully!)

At this point I’m up to 3 rice dishes in a row which is way too much rice. The alternative was Vegetarian Pasta sounded risky but may have been better with hindsight). Items from best to worst:

1. Saltine style crackers with cheddar, these were really good with the cheese
2. Quinoa and Edamame bean salad. I usually hate airline meal salads but this was alright. Fairly bland in a good way as reasonably healthy and I do like an Edamame bean albeit these were tiny.
3. Millionaire Shortbread pot. Actually the base was rice krispies in caramel but it worked well. Nice little dessert pot.
4. Bread roll and butter. Roll too cold as usual, just OK.
5. Thai red curry. Some of the chicken was OK and some pieces slimy, the sauce bland but inoffensive. The rice was puddingy and that green stuff was disgusting, no idea what it was. Bad, I only really ate the chicken and sauce.

Then a bonus when the girls brought a little Hotel Chocolat pack back from business class Ate the two chocolates with a coffee. Didn't even squirt myself in the eye with the milk stick this time!

Deadlystix milk more like

Appetite satisfied for now and with 6 hours to go I settle down to begin work on my Disney Dining Plan themed erotic novel

They do give you a lot of food in economy, if only it was nicer. I'd already turned down the mini magnum ( don't judge me!) when an overly chilled shortbread biscuit arrived paired with a chicken sandwich featuring a lump of gristle
Are you ok sir?

Thankfully I did have some jelly snakes on a plane and occasional Club World snack deliveries to fill in the gaps where things proved inedible! All in all the Economy experience gets 2/5 for food, 3/5 drinks and 3/5 service, overall 3/5.

DW and DD Club World Experience

Here’s how the other half lived. DD my food photography protege, we’re working on the angles and removing clutter from the shot. I'm not sure we have the same understanding of who is teaching who
Nice arty shot through the apple juice glass though!

Later they also got a little afternoon tea that was...a little more edible than mine

This food was all very good, they both had the same starter and main. Smoked salmon then fillet steak with DD on the chocolate dessert and DW a cheese plate

The options not shown are the buffalo mozzarella starter, chicken curry main, macaroni and a quinoa & goat’s cheese salad. Dessert not shown was fresh fruit (obviously).

So Club World scores 4/5 for food, 5/5 drinks and 5/5 service, overall 4.5/5 a predictable win.

Rounding up Travel Day

We landed about 40 minutes late in the end so recovered time. Props to BA for moving me forward to Club World as we descended allowing the family to get off the plane together, we were first off so I can’t call them British Airwys again for now at least We had our hire car and after getting lost and grouchy were at the Hawthorn Suites Lake Buena Vista by about half 7.

It was a quick drop then out to the supermarket for supplies. Stopped at the first place we found, Winn Dixie which was okay - more drinks than I’ve ever seen in my life. We’ll do a proper WalMart trip tomorrow!

Grumpy old shopping haul

Travel day dinner to follow. We didn’t go with the NYPD Pizza delivery in the end.
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it

Edited at 02:17 PM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Originally Posted by hipthehippo View Post
Loving your report. Thank you for sharing. although I must remember not to read it at work - too many laugh out loud moments!
there is no higher praise, maybe I should add a NSFW disclaimer too thanks for reading
Old 18 Jul 18, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Dinner - Chick-fil-A (S.Apopka Vineland Road)

Grumpy family dinner discussion after the supermarket and we eventually settled on Chick-fil-A after parking between this and a Wendy’s. I love this chain had been hoping to go for breakfast and finally try their chicken in a biscuit breakfast sandwich but probably not to be this time as less likely to go twice.

I went for the basic chicken sandwich meal with a Dr Pepper Zero. The meals here come with their soft waffle fries which I love, they’re just more potato-ey than regular fast food fries. You can also get loads of different sauces at no extra charge with the usual US chuck a handful at you generosity.

To quote Eric from the Endless Adventure the Chick-fil-A sauce is baller (i.e. ace). It’s like some burger sauce bbq sauce hybrid and seriously addictive. Chucked that on the burger, yum the coating on the chicken at Chick-fil-A is great and everyone liked this. The honey mustard sauce was also ok, more mustardy than I expected.

DD and DW both went for the Chick-n-strips meal, DW with a diet coke and DD a cookies and cream milkshake:

They both enjoyed the chicken but were 50:50 on the waffle fries. DD loved her milkshake which was a 7/10 apparently. All in all a decent meal but we were too tired to fully appreciate it.

Didn’t get a receipt for this one which came to a little over $20.

Back to the hotel for much needed sleep...Tomorrow's breakfast is ihop.

Edited at 08:57 PM.
Old 18 Jul 18, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Kudos for you to slumming it in Economy, would it be wrong of me to upgrade myself and leave Mr Grump with the 3 kids in Economy?

I must admit that curry looks like it's had better days but at least DW and DD kept you topped up with snacks ... how lovely.

I love how Chick Fil-A don't scrimp on the sauces, you have to practically beg for sauces round here.

caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

The Club food in BA looks pretty great! I can't wait to try it on my flight to Fort Lauderdale this December... oh wait, I just realised I'm poor so I'm in Economy 🤔 Guess I'll buy a Boots sandwich in the airport then... 😁

Always wanted to try Chick Fil-A but we don't rent a car so have never managed it

Yep it is our first time at Disneyworld next year (re your reply!). I've been to Disney Paris a few times, but you know, it's full of French people. I've also been to Disneyland but was 14 so obviously spent the whole time sulking. Can't wait to do Disney properly this time!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A surprise win for Economy food was never on the cards really was it?

I'm looking forward to the forthcoming novel as I will need a good book to read on the flight in a couple of weeks, so you better hurry up with writing it.

Have fun tomorrow, I can't remember what order you are doing things in so am looking forward to the next post in anticipation...I'm way too lazy to search back through the thread to find out what is supposed to be in store next.

Edited at 05:19 PM.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Those chicken wings the night before look amazing... i'm a sucker for chicken wings and curry... my perfect mix!

That airline curry looks really sad though... they need to make airline food permanent all day breakfasts lol.

And the travel day chicken fest is right up my street! We're toying with Wendys or a hot donalds when we land... can't be dealing with a table service meal on travel day lol.

Keep 'em coming!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

You’re lucky I’ve already rated this thread 5* because I’d have been giving it only 1* after reading that you declined the mini Magnum
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List