Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Feb 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I take it this is due to the Coronavirus?
If so, these are rules most families can not meet. What if they only have one toilet, share a bedroom. What if it was a younger child?
It’s crazy.
My middle son is 13 however he has ADJD & ASD there is no way on this earth he could stay in his room for 14 days. Not even 24 hours!

Back to the original question. My son would like a puzzle, Rubix cube, infinity cube (these are great and cheap in the works) or even one of those basket ball nets that attaches to the bedroom door and you get a little ball (they are about £10 from Argos)
I think it would be quite scary for a child to be told they have to be quarantined and patented need masks to give them food. Even my 16 year old would be scared and upset. No hugs, no proper contact. ... poor lad x
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
kc1
Imagineer

Mobile

I totally agree floridatilly I don’t know how people are meant to do this 🙈 yes Coronavirus just came back from a school trip!
kc1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Was he on a school skiing trip? I know some schools where they visited a Italy have closed.
Old 25 Feb 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by kc1 View Post
I totally agree floridatilly I don’t know how people are meant to do this 🙈 yes Coronavirus just came back from a school trip!
Poor lad. I hope he is ok. Boys at that age like to act tough but they are not, they are still children. He has just been away from his parents on a trip and now this.
It’s very kind of you to think of him and get him something to occupy him x x
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Have you got Alexa, or a few of them? The ‘drop in’ function might be helpful to communicate between your son’s bedroom and the lounge or kitchen. A 21st century solution to shouting down the stairs for a drink!

Wishing him all the best.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

My 14 year old has just got into modelling airfix. He's also started Warhammer so is painting his figurines ready
Noodle500 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tinkerbelll View Post
My two already self isolate. They would love it
Ha! Mine as well 😆
Old 25 Feb 20, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’d get him Skyped up to school so he can do his classes in the day. That will make the time pass much faster. Box set of Star Wars movies. Exercise DVD. Big pile of books to read. Craft stuff. Air fix models. Lego a good old complicated model. Poor lad. Two weeks is a long time in one room without proper company.
Old 25 Feb 20, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I know someone who has a son who has just returned from a week skiing in Italy and is in isolation at home for two weeks.

However this isolation only means "stay at home". He has the full run of the house, with his Mum and his brother. His brother is still going to school.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

If the school has a lot of children having to self isolate surely they will also provide some work? That’ll keep him busy!
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List