Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Feb 20, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Total over reaction? Now solved

My middle son had a boxing match on Saturday in Leicester (boxing clubs travel from all over)
My son had a sore throat yesterday and now has a cough.
My husband has just shook his head at me but I am thinking ‘should he be tested for Covid-19?
He is not poorly enough to miss school or anything but am I being unreasonable sending him? Or mad to keep him off ?

Edited at 12:18 PM.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Completely nuts to keep him off if I’m being honest.

It’s basically has the same symptoms as the flu and if you have the flu you know about it...

March 2015 - http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=865148
riversider2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Unless he has been in contact with anyone from any of the risk areas, then I would say yes, it’s an over reaction x
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

I currently have a cough and it wouldnt even cross my mind to be off work or to be tested. Its flu and cold season. If everyone with a cough was to get tested it will quickly overwhelm the NHS. If unsure then phone 111.
Old 27 Feb 20, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

yep total over reaction

if everyone did this country would grind to a halt as would the NHS
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I know I am probably over reacting but flu doesn’t appear over night. Symptoms start slow and steady.
If he had not fought on Saturday in an area that people had traveled to from across the country then I would not even bat an eyelid.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

A cough isnt flu! Unless he has had contact with anyone from an infected area then yes it's a huge overreaction.
The chances are you wouldnt normally keep him off school for a cough so no reason now!
Hoping this cold weather weve now got might kill a lot of the bugs!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post

You are totally over reacting. Imagine the chaos if everybody demanded testing or even a doctors appointment for a sore throat. It’s like the stocking up, it would create problems not solve any.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
If you step back a second and think about what you wrote you will come to a better decision. You worry he may have the virus but at the same time you would be happy for him to go to school. Those two things don't work together.
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Most likely 100% over reaction

Just rang 111 and explained his symptoms. Their main concern was that he has been in contact with people that we have no idea where they have been (if and where they have recently traveled to etc )
But just to be safe do not let him near his sister who has type 1 diabetes.
Other than that just monitor his symptoms.
Panic over