Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Feb 20, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Mobile Diverticularosis/diverticular disease and travel insurance

Hi has anyone had this and declared to their insurance , did it make a big difference to your premium? We normally have annual with insure and go our usual premium for both of us is usually £110 or there about , however I let it lapse last August as our pup was diagnosed with lymphoma and all holiday plans were put on hold and holiday fund used to treat her , no regrets about this and only wish that was still the case , sorry I’m waffling! Anyway, last may my husband also took very unwell and was admitted to hospital and thankfully after lots of tests he was diagnosed with diverticulosis which hasn’t given him any bother ( touch wood) since , so now we have lost our pup we are back to planning our trip for my husbands 60th birthday in April and tonight I have been getting quotes for insurance and because of his disclosed condition they have all jumped to just under £400 ! I can’t believe that something that the doctors have said is so common can cause such a jump in premium! Has anyone else suffered with this and found the same ? I recently took out insurance for my 72 year old sister with various medical conditions and on five medications with staysure and was quoted under £100 for annual for her but they want nearly four hundred from us and we are both 59 with only one condition , just seems a big bit over the top don’t you think?
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 04:23 AM  
Link to this Post
lady hiss
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Hi, I have diverticular disease and I have had an annual policy with my Barclays Bank account for the last 2 or 3 years which accepted it as a known condition without any extra charge. Previous to this Santandar would also accept it without charging extra so may be worth checking them out.
lady hiss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

We have the Barclays Travel Pack too, as an add on to our bank account. We have several declared conditions that are covered free of charge, IBS being one of them.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Another diverticular disease sufferer here, no extra payment with first direct insurance although I do need to notify them of an admission on October due to a flare up. I'm waiting for a colonoscopy which is why I haven't informed them yet

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

I also have this condition and we are insured with virgin, I think my cover went up by about £30 from what it was .
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Did you get the quote on-line ?

If so you might be better to call the insurance co direct to give them more details of the illness, meds and visits to the GP or hospital. They can speak to the underwriters for a more “personal” quote.

Good luck.

Linda
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

We have a host of problems including diverticulitis neurological problems heart it goes on and on, we used Holiday Extras as they were very competitive last time we went and we also made a claim which was dealt with very efficiently and quickly.
Old 27 Feb 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Not the same health issue but we find if our daughter has had an hospital stay within 12 months the insurance goes up unfortunately
Hope your husband is ok x
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks everyone , I’m going to call a few of them tomorrow and see what they say , seems it’s ridiculous that they should charge so much for such a minor thing , he was admitted to hospital and after testing was diagnosed with this but not had any bother since , In my mind if he was admitted after diagnosis it would be understandable but I think I’m not looking at it objectively 😂 ! I’ll post when I speak to them but I really appreciate your answers xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mexico07 View Post
Thanks everyone , I’m going to call a few of them tomorrow and see what they say , seems it’s ridiculous that they should charge so much for such a minor thing , he was admitted to hospital and after testing was diagnosed with this but not had any bother since , In my mind if he was admitted after diagnosis it would be understandable but I think I’m not looking at it objectively 😂 ! I’ll post when I speak to them but I really appreciate your answers xxx
Unfortunately, unplanned hospital admission in the recent past will increase your premium, but certainly worth speaking to them and/or seeking alternative quotes.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List