Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Oct 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jaybeez View Post
I hope you feel better soon. I was off work with it last week and I still don't feel right, luckily I managed not to pass it around the family.
I thought I'd cracked it Jay but I believe it may be from the hospital.

My 90 year old mother is a pack horse and last week/onging issues knocked her big time. Last Monday, 7th Oct, 11 times in 12 hours she was terribly sick. Tues night, 92 year old [diagnosed alzheimer] da kicked off at 7.30pm. As he's infirm and we need to move him with his rollator it was a shocking time for a very poorly ma, who keeps her home like a new pin, and point blank refused bro and I to go over, you can imagine what occurred in da's Sherborne lift/recliner chair. We avioded the bug even tho we'd been there for an hour on Tuesday. 6.30am on Friday I get a phone call, da's been shockingly sick, in his bed, his stats were all to pot, heart beat dropped to 40 beats pm at one point, ambulance from Pity Me to Dryburn was fast. She spent Tues onwards between hospital, washing the house/linens to an inch of their life [I'll do it ma, no, you won't!] Ma and I have rarely been away since he was admitted. We were all due at a Golden Wedding Anniversary lunch today, hubs and I stayed well clear.

Ma finally realises she's struggling, she refuses all help re his ablusions (a daughter shouldn't have to do such things, big sigh!) but has finally agreed to let me research respite to give her a much needed break, of course she'll never be away from his side tho, 71 years married is paramount to her. I've been asked to stay away for a few days but I feel dreadful for doing so.
Old 13 Oct 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Mobile

Anti bacterial gel will never kill noro as it's a virus. Your biggest defence is washing your hands. Noro spreads much easier and quicker than other bugs as you need less particles to be infected. hope all feel better soon.
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Sorry to read your post. Lots of best wishes for you and your parents!
Old 13 Oct 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Hope you and family all soon recover from this thoroughly nasty bug.

The worst time we all went down with this was the evening we got home from DLP in winter of 2006

Funnily enough our DS came down with it again on the way home from DLP in November 2017 !

Germs must multiply in such crowded spaces and on hand rails etc
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Best wishes to you are your parents, hope you all recover quickly xx
Old 13 Oct 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Wash your hands
Wash your hands
Wash your hands
Did you know many people in medieval times thought the Jews caused the Plague because they rarely caught it? The real reason they rarely caught it was because for religious reasons they washed their hands a lot more than did non- Jews. Even then, washing your hands was the best defence
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the reminder- I am waiting for a date for my operation & praying its not rife if & when I actually have to go in!
Old 14 Oct 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hope you soon feel better Chris, it definitely sounds as your mum needs some help even if it is just short term, look after yourselves x
Old 14 Oct 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
Wash your hands
Wash your hands
Wash your hands
Did you know many people in medieval times thought the Jews caused the Plague because they rarely caught it? The real reason they rarely caught it was because for religious reasons they washed their hands a lot more than did non- Jews. Even then, washing your hands was the best defence
Have you ever watched the amount of people leaving public loos who leave the toilet, fluff up their hair and walk away...
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
Wash your hands
Wash your hands
Wash your hands
Hi FG, I'm forever washing my hands to a degree I was once OCD accused! Have a word, it's about washing off bugs others leav on door handles/other surfaces I may touch after them. Unfortunately it got the better of me this weekend even tho I repeated washed my hands in the ward sink. Apparently bro has now started with the squirts too, I fear hubby, even with copious hand washing/bleach solution wipe down will fall victim after the care he gave me yesterday.

We used to cater at weddings and met a Health and Safety chap who's experiences fair turned my stomach; never, ever, just don't do it, take nuts, crisps, mints, et al., from open bowls/containers on a bar or where one pays their restaurant bill, including wrapped sweets as they too have been touched. Part of his H&S duty involves checks with his trusty Q-tip on bar finger snacks and bowls of mints by the till. Each time, you name it it's on all, Salmonella, Campylobacter, faeces, oh yuk! He advised, generally (but not always, so sorry lads), it's men mainly to blame, they nip to the loo for a quick pee afore paying the bill or heading back to the bar, many don't wash their hands, then pile on into the nuts, crisps, mints et al., and transfer bugs sitting there awaiting their next victim!

We never touch bar snacks/mints anyway, his advice compounded why!

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Have you ever watched the amount of people leaving public loos who leave the toilet, fluff up their hair and walk away...
Hi TB, see this all the time at the island pool, flabbergasts me, they exit the cubicle, walk over to the mirror above the sink, fluff a bit and walk out, I'm thinking go on wash your hands, nope. A young bairn had been in the cubicle on one occasion for more than a pee (I'm not a weirdo you understand, I just knew!). She went to walk out and my gob got the better of me, 'wash yer hands hinny', she did.

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Hope you soon feel better Chris, it definitely sounds as your mum needs some help even if it is just short term, look after yourselves x
I'm researching respite for her Gadgey, apparently she's entitled to 6 weeks upon his release - that's all good, but she's being a mare re respite. She's never away from the hospital, in at 7.30am, takes him breakfast of mixed fresh fruit she's prepared and poridge as, understandably from a time/cost aspect, the hospital kitchen don't offer either. She's back by 11am and helps him with his lunch (they're so nice, they keep trying to get her to eat a lunch too, she refuses as she doesn't believe it's right to do so, they're canny on the ward by keeping an eye on her too), she nips home for a bite herself and is back until 7pm. Our motor failed it's MOT last week, it's in today for Tuesday repair, I'll be back being there for her by Weds. Apparently, if it's defo Norovirus, I'm immune for 14 days, but thereafter it's game on again for the bug-er! I've been immensely lucky and nowhere near as ill as ma was.

Thanks all for your best wishes, I'm obliged, but it's important you all remain as well as you can from this blasted bug... I'm with FloryG regularly wash those hands