Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 2 Jan 20, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Doctor Who’s back

So, anyone else see the New Year’s Day episode of Doctor Who?

Personally, I thought it was surprisingly good. Great in fact. I hadn’t been expecting much - the last series was just okay and I’m not taken with the new Doctor - but this episode was better than I’d hoped for. Nice reveal at the end, plus a cliffhanger!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I thought it was a bit slow to get started but I enjoyed the end.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I enjoyed it, thought it had an understandable plot (which isn’t always the case) and was exciting and a little scary (exactly how a Dr Who episode should be)
However I’m still not sold on the Dr having 3 assistants. I really like Yasmin, don’t mind Graham but see no point in Ryan. I also just think it’s unnecessary to need three. I like Jodie as the Dr and feel she’s starting to play the role in her own way now and seemed more settled and calmer last night.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We really enjoyed it - especially the twist at the end - can’t wait for the next episode.

We also think there are too many assistants/companions. We really like Yasmin, but aren’t keen on the other 2.
Old 2 Jan 20, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I really enjoyed last nights episode and I also really like the new doctor, she’s one of my all times favourites.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
I enjoyed it - still not 100% sure of Jodie as the Doctor, but definitely felt more like an old school episode. Actual aliens and (spoiler!)

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I also enjoyed the second part of Spyfall that was on last night. It was good fun. Based on the first two episodes, I hoping this series will be better than the previous one.

Having said that, the story was a bit bonkers and on close inspection doesn't really make much sense. It was a bit silly - but in a good way.

What I want to know know though is - does the Doctor now have two Tardises (Tardii?) she can use?

Also, why doesn't every episode end with the Doctor saying, "Oh, I must remember to go back in time and put up helpful signs around the place".

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I thought last night's episode - Orphan 55 - was a bit mediocre and back to being similar to the (average at best) previous season. Which is a shame.

The only good bits were the monsters, which were fairly scary considering this was going out just after 7pm on a Sunday, and the twist in the middle regarding which planet they were on. The preaching at the end was awkwardly done and unnecessary. It wasn't required; we got the point.

There were some silly bits; why did they all go out in that truck? The old woman, squirrelly receptionist, Ryan's new girlfriend, green-haired kid (etc) were all superfluous. If the monsters had a nest in the tunnels underground that went to the holiday dome, why didn't they enter via those tunnels?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 13 Jan 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

I’ve only seen last nights episode from the current series, I thought it was pretty poor.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I will watch it again when the doctor regenerates again, HE might even be ginger.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List