Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Jan 20, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Returnplanning in answer to some of your queries:
The busier nights tend to be in Oct & generally a Tues is best, check out Touring Plans as they show historical data of the event- our experience is that they are all busy anyway!
On-site/off really depends on how you get there & plans as far as costumes etc. We use the resort bus & leave late so generally don't have too long a wait, as DVC owners, the last 2 years, we've been able to go in at 2:00pm & even then some guests are beginning to queue for some of the Meet & greets!
We said a few years back that we would stop attending but we always go to MK on our last day, this year again that means either leaving early or attending MNSSHP. You should prepare yourself for +$100/ticket, last year was the first year that they sold a multi night pass but at $300 you really need a minimum of 3 nights to break somewhat even
SD
Thanks for the helpful advice!
Old 14 Jan 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mrslfc
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Ryles View Post
We done the second Aug party. It was busy but totally doable. We arrived at 3.30. Had a FastPass for Space Mountain, Pirates, Haunted Mansion. Very small wait of only about 10-15 mins. Went back on later in the night and the longest wait was Space mountain but even then that was only 35 mins. Parade was busy but we still managed to get a decent spot. Fireworks were manic and didn’t get the best spot but this was the time to do the rides as wait times went to 5 mins. Left the park at 1am to horrendous queues for the monorail! Personally I loved it as we wasn’t doing Disney at all last year so this was our little fix. Hoping to do the same next year.
Thanks so much for info
mrslfc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

I’m considering booking this for our family. DH SATs no, too expensive but this is our last trip for a long time. Is it scary or more fun and child orientated. My daughter is easily scared but loves Halloween and trick or treating. When scared she runs off! Shes autistic and I think she will love it but I’m worried it will overwhelm her. I’m assuming it’s very busy. Can you use DAS for rides?
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

We will be off site and driving- is it crazy busy leaving?
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We're thinking of doing this as it's our once in a lifetime holiday but not sure which date to book as to which will be quieter? I'm guessing the Fridays and the first one will be the busier of the August dates?
Old 15 Jan 20, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
TheTink
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

We can choose bereden three parties. Wanna go either on 28th of August or first September (on this day we change hotel). Which one would you prefer ?
TheTink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Never been to this and depending on flights coming down, may end up cancelling. Would be going either end of Sept beginning of Oct, do tickets sell out, do I need to buy straight away and can I cancel if we end up not getting flights? Sorry for all the questions. X

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
lastdisney
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by TheTink View Post
We can choose bereden three parties. Wanna go either on 28th of August or first September (on this day we change hotel). Which one would you prefer ?
We wanna do 28th too
lastdisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
mrslfc
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Em4owen View Post
We're thinking of doing this as it's our once in a lifetime holiday but not sure which date to book as to which will be quieter? I'm guessing the Fridays and the first one will be the busier of the August dates?
I haven't been before but from what other people have said the first date and the weekend dates in August are busier
mrslfc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
jimmy-google
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We're thinking of getting the season pass if it's available again this year. I think there will be about 10 while we're in Florida.

I was going to book it without any day tickets. Anyone know if FPs should be available between 4 and 6 on a season pass?
TDR - 2019
jimmy-google is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List