Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 13 Jan 20, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Greenersdisney
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Villa in resort or private?

This may be a silly question, but I am struggling to find a villa that suits our needs. We went to Orlando in 2018 and loved it, but i am after a villa with a Hot tub and games room this time. Most of the ones appearing are inside a resort such as Indian Creek, Emerald Island etc. Is there any benefit of staying in these resorts, or are private ones a little more "private"? I notice that the resort villas seem close together with no fencing. It is not a show stopper, just wanted opinions. The villa we stayed in last time was in Piccadilly Circle and was fine, but we have gone all out this time on Premium seats, larger car etc and want to make sure everything is as we want it. Thanks in advance
Greenersdisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
If you put a post in the villa request section with your dates and the size of villa you are looking for then owners with availability will get back to you.

The villa request section is here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93

Happy Hunting

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post

No matter where you rent if it’s a pool villa it will be privately owned. There are plenty of sites to search including the dibb.

If you look you can put in a request and will be contacted by owners who have suitable villas.

Most villas are not surrounded by fencing, that is the norm over there.

Do bear in mind that if you are going in the hot months the games rooms are in garages with no AC and it really is far to hot to want to sit in a hot tub.

Edited at 01:33 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
There's only a benefit to staying in a resort if you will actually use the facilities.

What's more important to you?
Big community pool, kids area, gym and whatever else or the privacy of your own pool?

The older communities tend to have more space, they have fences/shrubbery to give you privacy. Newer resorts, and I do not understnad why, just don't seem to have fencing. It's odd. They are very close together.

Just on Dotb's point about games rooms, quite a lot will have some sort of AC or fans in the garage so it can be used on hotter days.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Greenersdisney
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Thanks Steve. I have already booked the flights, we are landing on 25th June and leaving on 9th July (I am not established enough to send too many private messages)
Greenersdisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Sorry i could not help with your dates Darren but i am sure another Dibb owner will have what you need and will reply to your request if they have the dates available.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
This year will be our 4th visit and 3rd in a villa. The first 2 villas were both on residential estates, very quiet and decent locations. This year we have my parents with us, who would prefer a villa on a resort for a resort pool and a pool bar incase we decide to go out and they don’t want to join us, they can have a wonder & a change of scenery. We have booked a lovely 4 bed on Emerald Island that has a games room and a spa, not overlooked and looks out onto a small lake and grassy area. It’s privately owned by a Scottish family who use a management company and we have rented through home away. We’re really looking forward to it.

Edited at 07:44 PM.
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List