Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Jan 20, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
bootgaz
Helping Mickey

Mobile Charlotte transfer

Hi

Just booked October 2020, wasn’t expecting to go this year.2 adults and 3 kids. We have 1hr 35 min stop over in Charlotte from Heathrow with American. Just wanted to check 95 min is ok?
bootgaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

It is a good airport to transfer at but I always look for at least 2 hours on the way to Florida. You have to clear immigration, collect your bags, hand them back in and then enter the domestic gate area including clearing security. The distances aren't huge but too many potential hold ups for me to risk it.

Going back you just get off the plane and head for the new gate so far quicker.
Old 18 Jan 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
bootgaz
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Thanks, yeah fingers crossed it will be ok. Don’t have any alternatives as booked now.
bootgaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Damn Dirty Ape
slightly serious Dibber

Charlotte is my favourite airport in the US to transit through. It’s not a huge airport so as long as you arrive on time and don’t get held up in border control you should be fine with 95 minutes. Charlotte is an AA hub so there will likely be quite a few later flights to Orlando should you be delayed. Honestly, I think you will be fine.
Trip #16: In planning
Damn Dirty Ape is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
kiwiinabd
Very Serious Dibber

95 mins should be OK provided there are no delays in your transatlantic flight or a packed immigration hall !
kiwiinabd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
headpin
Getting Excited

Used Charlotte many times. 95 minutes is doable, but can be tight as you need to clear security back in to the domestic gates.

But this is an AA (was US Airways) hub and therefore if you miss the connection there are generally plenty more internal flights. I have done this (Too) many times. The only issue I have had was going home when missed the international connection due to thunderstorms delaying all internal flights flying from Florida/Georgia and S. Carolina areas. But treated well with hotel and meals and on flight to LGW following day

So do not worry.

Edited at 07:36 PM.
headpin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
bootgaz
Helping Mickey

I have checked and currently there are 3 further flights to Orlando after ours. These were not our original flights but we booked through love holidays and the flights we had booked were not available. We were offered these as an alternative so just worrying as I know how long immigration can take from flying direct previously to Orlando. We arrive at 3pm at Charlotte.

Edited at 07:41 PM.
Old 18 Jan 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
dopeydons11
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I’ve done this route twice with no issues. Arriving into Charlotte at 3:10pm with next flight to Orlando at 4:29pm.
June 08 Regal Sun/Hampton Inn
Jan 09 PoP CeNtUrY Oct/Nov 09 PoP!
dopeydons11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 01:15 AM  
Link to this Post
bootgaz
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Yes that’s pretty much the exact same times we have.
Old 19 Jan 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bootgaz View Post
I have checked and currently there are 3 further flights to Orlando after ours. These were not our original flights but we booked through love holidays and the flights we had booked were not available. We were offered these as an alternative so just worrying as I know how long immigration can take from flying direct previously to Orlando. We arrive at 3pm at Charlotte.
We were originally booked to transit through Charlotte, with a 75 minute layover. The above is what I checked too, there were at least 3 flights with the same carrier after our scheduled time, so I figured we’d get there eventually! If it’s all booked as the same ticket, it’s the carriers responsibility to get you there. Good luck!
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List