Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Feb 20, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
kc1
Imagineer

Mobile Ideas for youngster in quarantine

So as of today a youngster we know has been put into quarantine he’s 13 and has to stay in his bedroom for 2 weeks 🙈😩 I want to get him a few things to try and help with the boredom I know he has a gaming machine and tv in his room but was hoping some of you could help me with a few ideas? All I can think of was a gaming magazine and sweets 🙈
kc1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

Honestly at 13, snacks and games is probably what will keep him occupied, if he’s not got Netflix or now tv Prehaps a months sub card or something to one of those (tesco do them, or I think you can do it online?)
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

I was just going to say the same, a 13 year old confined to their bedroom for two weeks with a gaming station and TV would be pure bliss for them, some decent snacks and junk food, what more could they want? it's probably now that they cannot go out they will crave to go out.
I wonder how that affects the rest of the family though, wouldn't they need to be quarantined too ?
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbelll
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

My two already self isolate. They would love it
tinkerbelll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
kc1
Imagineer

Mobile

I wonder how that affects the rest of the family though, wouldn't they need to be quarantined too ?[/QUOTE]
Their older daughter is staying at uni and not coming home for those weekends mum and dad can only go into his room to drop in food but they must wear masks etc! All just happened so things very much up in the air atm!
kc1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Mine at that age loved those 3d puzzles or a lego set, a book to teach him how to code? (assume he has a laptop?)
sam7 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Stichisbest
Looking for my Ears

Mobile

I did not realise that self quarantine actually meant stay in one room. I assumed you could stay in the whole house. Can he not even have a wonder around his garden for fresh air and exercise?
The poor lad. No advice sorry 😐
Stichisbest is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

a book if you know what he likes, dvd/boxset, a big lego set or other model making set, jigsaw, new video game, a book of puzzles.

Although if it was my 13 year old son he would be thrilled and would spend all his time playing video games (except the xbox isn't in his room!) and on his phone!
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Wow, didn’t know that either, what about toileting/washing?
Old 25 Feb 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
kc1
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stichisbest View Post
I did not realise that self quarantine actually meant stay in one room. I assumed you could stay in the whole house.
Me too but apparently not I suppose they don’t want it to spread to mum and dad?
He’s allowed out for toilet breaks but must be masked up and must use a different bathroom than the rest of the family!