Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Jul 15, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbigbeak
Imagineer

Chaffing :(

Right I'm all ready for my holidays just about , but my thighs are stressing out already lol yes I have chaffing from literally just walking from a Disney hotel room to the bus stops , that's how bad it is
Anyway I've bought more dresses this holiday and more shorts as I've lost 2.5 stone but I still have chaffing , so I've seen a thread saying about lanacane cream so managed to buy this but noticed that it's more for after your thighs have rubbed , this is good to help ease the pain , I was wondering can anyone suggest a good preventative cream/ gel for lots of walking , one that I can buy in th UK so I'm ready to go as soon as we hit U.S. soil

1st time POFQ Aug/Sep 2012- 2 weeks -2nd time Rosen inn,POFQ 3 weeks-3rd time NYC,Canada,DC,Rosen inn, Coranado springs 5weeks-4th time Vegas,San Fransisco,Hollywood, Anaheim & NYC 3 weeks - 5th time,Rosen inn international,Disney all star music resort 3 weeks
mrsbigbeak is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 15, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
anita1963
Imagineer

Glide ..I always use it ..best stuff ever ..buy it in wallgreens or amazon before you go
Anita
anita1963 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 15, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post

I used Vaseline everyday and I never got sore
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 15, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsb1
Excited about Disney

My DH plays a lot of golf and gets regular chaffing. He swears by antiperspirant. He puts it on before & it works a treat for him.
Old 9 Jul 15, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

I have used lanacare in the past but I have also wore short cycling shorts and leggings under dresses in the past. Well done on your weight loss and have a great holiday 😀
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 15, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

A friend recommended Hoo Ha Ride Glide.

Not cheap but I'm told works very well.
fl-veteran is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 15, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
cypress
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 43
Guidebook Reviews: 1
You can get a cream called Lanacane anti chaffing gel from Boots.
Old 9 Jul 15, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

Nooooooo buy lanacane out there (maybe it's different?) I bought mine from Walgreens, it was like a gel that dried almost like a powder and prevented any chaffing, was also soothing on areas that were irritated already or from waterpark days. So so good.

walgreens/store/c/lan...050667-product

I bought another tube from asda recently and it's not the same thing I'm convinced...it's a cream and is quite sticky as it's drying, nothing like the one from Walgreens.

xx

Edited at 08:44 PM.
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 15, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by 4holibobs View Post
I have used lanacare in the past but I have also wore short cycling shorts and leggings under dresses in the past. Well done on your weight loss and have a great holiday 😀
I found some inexpensive shape wear in Walmart that was made from thin fabric. They worked better for me than lanacare.
Old 9 Jul 15, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
cypress
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 43
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by onion2803 View Post
Nooooooo buy lanacane out there (maybe it's different?) I bought mine from Walgreens, it was like a gel that dried almost like a powder and prevented any chaffing, was also soothing on areas that were irritated already or from waterpark days. So so good.

walgreens/store/c/lan...050667-product

I bought another tube from asda recently and it's not the same thing I'm convinced...it's a cream and is quite sticky as it's drying, nothing like the one from Walgreens.

xx
The stuff I have is a quick drying gel and works fine.