Notices

Old 18 Feb 20, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Ok Let's Try This With A Baby - Feb/March 2020 - Day 1

DS was quite unsettled through night but it's hardly surprising with the combination of time difference and broken sleep/short naps yesterday. I woke up just after 2am with him and I have a feeling that's now me for the day. I'm always awake at the crack of dawn on the first day. It's a combination of time difference and sheer excitement! Temperature is currently 19 degrees outside, huge shock to the system after leaving the UK at 6 degrees!

Dd and DH finally woke up at 5am, we decided we'd have a first day breakfasts at IHOP so got ready and drove upto the 192 and we're seated in IHOP by 6am. Unsurprisingly it was really quiet there were only a couple other people in there.
Our server came over right away and took our drink order. I had a Diet Pepsi, DH had an orange juice and a coffee.

Dd had a kids orange juice.

When our server returned with our drinks we ordered our food.
DH had the bacon, eggs, ham, sausage, hash browns and buttermilk pancakes. Can't really go wrong with this.

I had bacon, scrambled eggs, hash browns and 2 mexican tres leches pancakes. The pancakes were absolutely delicious! The were 2 buttermilk pancakes topped with vanilla and dulce de leche caramel sauce.

Dd had the kids funny face pancake breakfast with chocolate chip pancake. This was really rich and huge for a child, she said it was really good.
Our total came to $35, we settled the bill and returned to mystic dunes to get our stuff sorted for the day. We decided to try our luck with getting a boarding group for rise of the resistance, unfortunately we were cutting it fine to make it there for opening at 8am. We arrived at the parking booths and there was a huge queue , we realised we needed to plan to arrive much sooner to stand a chance of being in the park in time so we sacked it off for this morning and drove to magic kingdom instead. The paying booths now ask for ID if you are a annual passholder which is new since our last trip. We got parked in Simba 112 and walked to the transportation and ticket centre. The queue for bag check wasn't too bad and took about 5 minutes and we walked straight onto the monorail platform and monorail green arrived shortly after.

We arrived at magic kingdom at 8.50am and slowly made our way up to dumbo for DSs first ever ride! We joined the standby queue as it didn't look too bad and expected it to be quick with the park just opening but only one dumbo was working and the queue ended up taking about 40 minutes! After Dumbo we had fastpasses for haunted mansion, DS was getting tired by this point so him and I sat this one out and DD and DH did it. Dd loves the Swiss family Robinson tree house so Her and DH had a walk around there. It was getting really quite hot at this point, the weather app said it was 29 degrees and we were starting to really feel it.

We walked over to plaza ice cream store for it opening at 11 and coz a plaza sundae with chocolate and cookies and cream ice cream. This was $7.45 but easily shared between 3 of us. It made a change it not melting as quick as the usually do in summer!

After our ice cream we made our way to the barnstormer first our next fastpass, we used rider swap here so Dd went on first with DH and then with me. When we came off we went for a much needed cool down in the Casey junior splash zone. We were going to philharmagic next but she we got there the queue was massive! Today was one of the busiest I've ever seen magic kingdom! Hoping it's a combination of Presidents' Day yesterday and the run Disney event at the end of the week and the crowds are lighter the following 2 weeks! We have philharmagic a miss and walked down Main Street for our final fastpass to meet Mickey! This would be DSs first character meet and he wasn't too sure what to make of it. After meeting Mickey we decided to call it a day, it was far too hot for DS and he was burning up and I wanted to get him cooled down as much as possible.

We stopped off at Panda Express to get a quick lunch. DH and I both got the plate option which is 2 entrees and 1 side. I had a double portion of orange chicken and egg fried rice. This was absolutely delicious, the orange chicken had a nice kick to it but was really sticky and chewy just as I like it. I shared some of this with DD.

DH had the firecracker shrimp and honey walnut shrimp with egg fried rice. Again this was really good.

Dd got a side order of chow mein to got with the bits of mine she ate, she's a total noodle lover so enjoyed this.
We got a large fountain drink to share which was huge and we barely made a dent in it.
Total cost came to just over $25 which was pretty reasonable.
We spent the afternoon chilling in the apartment and managed to have a nap which made me feel much better!

DS was still feeling warm so we decided a quiet evening a early night was in order for us all. DH popped out to Arby's to get us some dinner. I had the Reuben signature sandwich which I really enjoyed and was enough to fill me.

DH had a large roast beef sandwich with curly fries.

Dd had the kids chicken tenders with curly fries.
Total cost came to a very reasonable $18.46 and we all thoroughly enjoyed the food.

After we'd eaten we decided to wander along to the lagoon pool as DD had been desperate to get to the pool all afternoon. It was a very warm evening with the temperature still showing as 25 degrees at 8pm. We spent about 45 minutes at the pool which wasn't too busy. DH was pleasantly surprised how warm the water was and him and Dd had a great time!

We came back and got DS and Dd changed and into bed before enjoying a drink on the balcony and finally heading off to bed ourselves.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

Good luck on getting back to sleep. Temperatures look just right! Enjoy your first day.
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 03:34 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by missdopey - 19 Feb 20 2:34 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good first day

Joan
Old 20 Feb 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

A great 1st day - the Denny’s pancakes sound lovely, and that food from Panda Express looks good as well. Hope you & DS get into a good sleep pattern!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

Nice and early start for breakfast which all looks lovely. I’d been reading how busy it was so hope it quietens down a bit for you. Lovely temperatures-so jealous!
mrsdjh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List