Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Aug 20, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

I hate it. I never like it hot. Even worse when I am on nights and try (and fail) to sleep in 32c heat. Tomorrow I will be on possibly the hottest ward in the world in PPE for 13hrs.
I will never understand how people like the heat.
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

I was freezing at work today as the air-con was blasting, it was easy to forget how hot it might be outside. When I did eventually emerge it felt like stepping into the Florida heat! The temperature reading in the car was 30.5!
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Mobile

Been working all day 10am to midnight in the Pub, mega busy all day because of eat out to help out, don't think I've ever been this hot, got 'florida rash' on my legs and just got home, tepid shower and cooling down now with a cold beer in the garden, hopefully won't fall asleep in the lounger

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 04:08 AM  
Link to this Post
hibbie
Trainee Dibber

It was freezing and rainy here today in Falkirk... Have actually had the heating on most of the day. We were fotecast 13 degrees from early evening onwards... Although i don't think it was much more than that Earlier on in the day.
hibbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 06:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Well it’s already warming up here in Essex 🥵

I decided to get up as it’s just too hot upstairs, though it turns out downstairs isn’t much better.

I’ve opened all windows but there’s no breeze so it isn’t helping much.

Looks like we may have this until Friday here. 😱
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
Thankful for our portable air con units; 1 in the bedroom, 1 in the living room.
Working at home in the dining room which thankfully stays cooler than the rest of the house & was ok with a fan on full blast.
Made sure all windows & doors stayed closed & curtains drawn today to keep the scorching hot air & rays out of the house as much as possible.
This is us too, all windows, curtains and blinds shut, fans on and its lovely and cool before I head to work where it must be as hot as the surface of venus
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Very hot sultry night.., the cooling towels worked a treat.

Poor sleep 😳

Gonna be another scorcher in the South.

Drink plenty of water dibbers !

Disney332
Old 11 Aug 20, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I bought one of the JML cooling pillows when we had the hot weather during lockdown and it’s been brilliant. Even without refrigerating first it drains the heat from you and cools you down. I pop mine in the freezer for an hour before bed though and it’s lovely. Well worth the £12 if you can manage to get one.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

No thunderstorms in West London, but unfortunately I woke up a little cold so had to turn the air con down😀
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Granddaughters woke us at 5.55am to tell us they wanted to stay in bed! Which was fine, but then they needed the toilet and bums wiped! So we got up!
Its just started to rain here, but still hot.