Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 3 Apr 20, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyfan87
slightly serious Dibber

4 go to DLP - Feb 2020 - Day Three

Tuesday 4th February

I’d hoped to be up and out early to hit EMH but I woke at 7.30 and the rest of the room were still sound asleep so I wasn’t all that hopeful! But I would definitely rather they got the sleep they needed as the kids had both been so tired yesterday.
It wasn’t long before they were awake and we were leaving the room at about 8.30 to go to the Golden Forest Lounge for our breakfast. There was loads of choice here for hot breakfast and continental options and we all had lots of lovely things. Plenty of fruit which William loves, plus mini yoghurts, toast, pastries, scrambled egg, bacon etc. A self-serve hot drinks machine and fruit juice machine too. Everything was regularly topped up and seemed nice and fresh.
Matt was still drinking his coffee when I was finished so I headed out to join the hotel character queue rather than sit around (I was getting twitchy for some Disney action!). I was really pleased to see it was Mickey today as William is a big fan and I really wanted to get a picture of us all with the main man. The queue was fairly short too and Matt and the kids joined me 2 families from the front. William was really excited when he spotted him, saying ‘Mouse!’ and pointing. He ran over to him when it was our turn but then carried on running straight past! He wouldn’t go any closer than a metre away! He did love playing peepo with him looking through my legs though! Thankfully he obliged to be picked up and I got the picture of us all with Mickey that I wanted.

We left the hotel at 9.40 and walked through the village in glorious sunshine. Arrived in the Studios Park just before 10 and the heavens opened just as we went through the turnstiles. It was at this point I realised I’d left the raincover for the buggy back in the room, drat! We sheltered near tower of terror while making a plan. Originally I’d hoped to be at the studios earlier to join the queue for the first Frozen singalong show but due to getting up later there was no space for that one and the queue for the one an hour later was already big and it was all outside so that wasn’t looking like an option. I had a bit of a wobble here as I felt responsible for the planning and for packing the raincover and it all felt like it was going wrong. I gave myself a bit of a talking to and Matt was happy to stay and brave the weather for a bit so, as the rain had eased a little, we headed over to Toy Story Playland. Slinky Dog Ride only had a 5 minute (undercover!) queue so we went on that first. Alice loved it, William didn’t at first but was fine by the end.

Alice wanted to go on it again so I did that with her while Matt took William to splash in some puddles. When we met back up with them afterwards William was a bit grumpy unfortunately for some reason. We queued up for the cars ride which he was fine with but didn’t want to be held at all while waiting to board and was wriggling and shouting so Matt decided to sit this one out with him. I’ve not done this ride before and I thought it was great, Alice really enjoyed it too.
It was about 11 now, at least 2 hours since we’d eaten so we decided it was time for a snack and a drink in Studio 1. There was a fairly large queue which moved slowly but eventually we had some drinks and fries. Alice had the rest of her Frozen biscuit from yesterday. William was still grumpy, he didn’t even want any snacks – very unlike him! Then Matt took his shoes off and he randomly cheered up….who knows! They definitely weren’t too small, but were obviously bothering him for some reason!
I really wanted to see the Mickey and the Magician show that was on at 12. Matt was pretty worried about taking William in as he isn’t loving sitting still or being held this week but I was dying to give it a try as he loves live music and dancing, and I knew Alice would love it too. The holding area was rammed when we arrived but we managed to get in, sat right near the back on the end of a row in case we needed to make a swift exit! Well thankfully he did absolutely love it and it’s one of my favourite memories of the holiday. He was clapping and dancing along, pointing at characters, munching on most of a packet of rice cakes. I do feel sorry for the poor people sat in front and behind though as he didn’t sit still at all! Up and down on his chair, on my lap, leaning over the row in front, jumping etc. But he was mainly quiet though so I’ll take it as a win! Alice was transfixed throughout, singing along and loving it.
William was definitely shattered now so we headed back to the hotel so he could have a proper nap in the cot in the hope that it would be longer and so Matt could have a chill out too. Matt went off ahead with him to put him down while Alice and I picked up a McDonalds. We also nipped into the Lego store to get Matts Lego space station on our way back.
Back in the room and William was fast asleep, had gone down instantly with no grumbles. We ate our lunch and had a little rest and then I asked Alice what she wanted to do, she said a little more rest and then go and do some rides with Mummy – result! A win all round as I wanted more park time and Matt wanted some peace and quiet!
I knew we’d hopefully be going back into the park this evening so we chose to go in now by bus to save Alice’s little legs. As we walked into the park Pluto was doing a meet with a fairly small queue so we joined that. He was great fun and we got some nice pictures.

Next we headed towards Fantasyland, stopping to take pictures on the way.

Alice wanted to ride Peter Pan but when we got there it was down so we rode Dumbo instead. This was about a 15 minute wait. Alice enjoyed making us go up and down.
Next we went on it’s a small world again as Alice had enjoyed that yesterday. She loved it again and was singing along this time.

We went on the Story Book boats next which was good, but we had an annoying family in our boat whose kids kept standing up/leaning out etc. Whilst on this Alice saw the Casey Jr train and wanted to go on that. The queue for this moved quite slowly but was probably only about 20 mins. This was fun too, we liked how it weaved round the models of the Storybook boat ride. I'd really enjoyed this couple of hours of special Mummy and daughter time
It was 4.15 now and Matt had messaged to say William was awake so we get the bus back and meet them in the Golden Forest Lounge. There wasn’t quite as much choice as yesterday but we still manage to fill up our plates, especially William as he hadn’t had much since breakfast. We nipped back up the room to wrap up warm and headed out of the hotel at 6pm to see Illuminations.

We walked up Main St and it was still fairly quiet so we stood by a flower bed at Central Plaza. This was a great spot, I’ve always watched the shows either from further back in Main St or off to the side near Discoveryland so it was great to be close and central. With the bonus of no one stood in front with kids on shoulders. This is a bug bear of mine and one of the reasons I wanted to get a spot fairly early on so that the kids would be able to see without us putting them on our shoulders and ruining someone else’s view.
Entertaining the kids while we waited wasn’t too bad. I’d bought some glow sticks from home which the enjoyed playing with and William was having great fun taking off his hat and throwing on the floor over and over again… He would rather not have been in the buggy but it was busy and dark so I didn’t want him running around.

I actually left him in it for the show as thought he’d be happier there than carried and he could see very well. I crouched down with him for most of it too. He seemed pretty entranced by it. Alice loved it all except the Star Wars scene, I think she found it a bit loud.

As we shuffled back down Main St with everyone else I suggested to Matt that we head to Café Fantasia. It’s one of my favourite places in the world and I didn’t want to miss out on sitting there with a cocktail just because we had the kids with us, but we knew it was a risk! They were a bit on the overtired side when we first arrived but settled down a bit with some colouring and played with these figures that we bought on the way though the hotel with Williams holiday spending money.

Alice had the Olaf hot chocolate and Matt and I had cocktails. Decadent but a real treat!

There was a fantastic pianist playing which William enjoyed dancing to and there were frequently characters wondering to and from Inventions, some stayed for a quick bit of interaction in the bar. We didn’t stay as long as we would’ve done pre kids as we didn’t want to push it but overall we had a lovely time and I’m glad we did it.
We went back to our hotel at about 9 and it wasn’t long before the kids were asleep. Matt and I chilled out with some snacks and drinks. I quite fancied attempting emh tomorrow but will see what the morning brings!

Edited at 11:42 PM.
disneyfan87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List