Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Sep 20, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Try Elara. That’s where we are booking for the laundry! Mrs YT insists on it for at least part of the trip (used to DVC one beds). And we must also have a fridge. Drives me nuts these requirements. Had booked summer but cancelled. Finally got a refund from Hilton so have forgiven them for feet dragging.
The Elara does look lovely. The projection screen looks good.
Old 18 Sep 20, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi we stayed signature suits attached to MGM fantastic with extra room. Oozed via Airbnb as was much cheaper than through hotel. Even the private rentals are still maintained by housekeeping.
To do hoover dam do this on way to Canyon
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

I would also recommend the Signature Suites for a family group.

We have also stayed at the Venetian with two teens and we all loved it, teens included, but it tends to be more pricy.

My girls also loved the pool at Mandalay Bay (we stayed in a Suite).

Vdara was very spacious for the price we paid but it was my least favourite of those we stayed at as a family.

The Elara looks great and the location is excellent (never stayed though) but I thought I’d heard the pool wasn’t special (may be wrong)

I love the Cosmo but have never managed to stay there as it’s been too costly. Not sure it would be my first pick with teens though. Mine loved all the photo ops in the oversized shoes and others things though 😂
Old 18 Sep 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
Thanks everyone for your responses. I had hoped to get a condo style room with kitchen and laundry facilities, but with 2 beds rather than a sofa bed - doesn’t seem to be happening. I’ve got a list of hotels that I need to narrow down:

New York New York
Caesar’s Palace
Cosmopolitan
Elara (but has sofa bed)
Venetian (but think will be out of price range)
Bellagio (again likely to be out of price range)

I’ll keep an eye on prices, hopefully they may start to come down early next year.
Try the Tuscany , just off Strip but only just, five minutes walk tops. We had a massive studio there with it’s own balcony.
Jockey Club is on Strip and apartments . Really well located.

Off Strip (ten minutes, free very frequent shuttle) is the Orleans, again huge rooms with separate lounge area so a double double plus a rollaway would still give you masses of room. It’s teen friendly and has a good food court as well as the usual restaurants . Own Cinema and 80 lane bowling alley , decent pool too. One of our traditions with teens was to take the Shuttle from the Orleans five minutes to its sister Gold Coast hotel and go to see a movie in IMAX at the Palms hotel opposite.

Quite a few options if you look beyond the “usual suspects” big name hotels which are tourist attractions in their own right.

Edited at 01:50 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I honestly would not recommend the Tuscany Suites for a first visit, with children.

We were there last May and it was very cheap (which is why we took it, £19 a night I think). There was a significant homeless presence and you end up hanging around for ages waiting to cross the intersection among them. Some were very unwell / on substances / other.

To be clear I am not the sort of person bothered by the presence of homeless folk normally (people talk about San Francisco, I saw it but it didn’t bother me). It was the combination of having to wait to cross for so long (sort of trapped if you like) with the number and mindset they had.

Sorry, I am not trying to be precious but I wouldn’t rush back there and I definitely wouldn’t want to be there with my teens.

ETA I don’t know if the situation will have got better (or worse) with COVID?

Edited at 05:10 PM.
KarenG is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I honestly would not recommend the Tuscany Suites for a first visit, with children.

We were there last May and it was very cheap (which is why we took it, £19 a night I think). There was a significant homeless presence and you end up hanging around for ages waiting to cross the intersection among them. Some were very unwell / on substances / other.

To be clear I am not the sort of person bothered by the presence of homeless folk normally (people talk about San Francisco, I saw it but it didn’t bother me). It was the combination of having to wait to cross for so long (sort of trapped if you like) with the number and mindset they had.

Sorry, I am not trying to be precious but I wouldn’t rush back there and I definitely wouldn’t want to be there with my teens.

ETA I don’t know if the situation will have got better (or worse) with COVID?
Thanks. I remember in a previous post you mentioned the experience you had at the Tuscany suites.