Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 1 Jan 21, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Was meant to do a Nashville and Tennessee trip last May but cancelled due to COVID
Sounds like an amazing few places to see
Old 1 Jan 21, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Chelsea01
Excited about Disney

Hi, we flew into Atlanta and picked up a hired car, drove to Chattanooga & we loved it there so much we would return. We then drove to Nashville & Memphis & loved both. I would do it all again tomorrow if I could.
Happy planning 😊
Chelsea01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
We did a great trip, flew into Atlanta. Should have stopped Kennesaw first night (plane was delayed 16 hours so we never made that, flew to Atlanta getting in 18 hours late, and drove straight to Smokies), stayed in a cabin Bear Creek Crossing, then went to North Myrtle Beach, Charleston, Savannah and Hilton Head.
Atlanta is a good place to stay for a few nights, and Six Flags has some great coasters there.
dont give me more coasters to ride!

im trying to summon up the courage to drive over there for the first time
Old 1 Jan 21, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Another unusual suggestion is a tour round Bush Baked bean factory. We stopped while driving past as there was a nice shop there. As soon as I stepped through the door I was immediately invited to hurry and join a tour of the baked bean factory! My husband was still faffing about at the car and wouldn’t know where I had disappeared so had to give it a miss.

They were very friendly and take a photo with their mascot dog in the background and print and give it to you for free. There is also a cafe and museum.

It’s a bit mad but different. Apparently it’s a well known brand there.

bushbeans/en_US/visitor-center

Edit: don’t see anything about a factory tour on their website so maybe that’s stopped. In fact everything is closed because of Covid just now.

Edited at 05:12 PM.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Mobile

Originally Posted by ILoveDaveLamb View Post
...?list=PL2C1WmUxhN9U-N0dzSlVH5XvkgBSKTafh

Just to say one of the Dibbers I enjoy following on YouTube did a trip covering Tennessee. They didn’t get up to Dollywood but stopped at some interesting looking places. X
Thanks for this - I have just whiled away my New Year’s Day watching the series!
Old 2 Jan 21, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ILoveDaveLamb View Post
...?list=PL2C1WmUxhN9U-N0dzSlVH5XvkgBSKTafh

Just to say one of the Dibbers I enjoy following on YouTube did a trip covering Tennessee. They didn’t get up to Dollywood but stopped at some interesting looking places. X
Great thread OP and thanks for the link ILDL.

We’ve booked Gatlinburg for this year as part of a tour from Washington D.C.

Hoping that we get there!
Old 7 Jan 21, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

We are *fingers crossed* redoing the holiday we were meant to do last summer this July. Flying in and out of Orlando, stopping at Sawgrass, Atlanta, cabin in Gatlinburg for the Smokies and Dollywood, Hilton Head Island and Jekyll Island.
I have 2 pre trip reports that may give you a few ideas.

The one for last year
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1158295

and this years in progress
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1184535

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

We did a road trip around there. Loved Dollywood and also the water park, lots of mini golf (if you like that), ClimbWorks zip lining in gatlinburg - the best zip lining we have done so far. Asheville was lovely - we did rafting near there, and they have a trolley tour and a pinball museum.

Chattanooga we hated! But it did have two attractions that I would love to go to again - Rock City gardens, and the incline railway. Rock city was one of my favourite days ever! I didn’t think the aquarium was as good as Atlanta’s. Oh also, if you drive from Atlanta, you might want to drop into Babyland General - it’s a Cabbage Patch Kids ‘hospital’. The most surreal place! You can even watch the cabbage patch dolls being born (in the cabbage patch!). It’s free, and worth dropping in to experience something a bit crazy lol.

But if you’re only around pigeon forge for a week, I’d just concentrate on that area. By the time you’ve done Dollywood, zip lining etc, you could easily fill days with the beautiful scenery - Newfoundland gap, Laurel falls, cades cove etc. There’s also a factory outlets near sevierville.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
We did a great trip, flew into Atlanta. Should have stopped Kennesaw first night (plane was delayed 16 hours so we never made that, flew to Atlanta getting in 18 hours late, and drove straight to Smokies), stayed in a cabin Bear Creek Crossing, then went to North Myrtle Beach, Charleston, Savannah and Hilton Head.
Atlanta is a good place to stay for a few nights, and Six Flags has some great coasters there.
We are flying from Atlanta after visiting Dollywood, what is the drive like?
Thanks
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 21, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Cant believe the price for flights at present to Atlanta - at that price i wont be going.