Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 22 Jan 21, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonV
Apprentice Imagineer

Crossroads Area Set To Close

This has been on the cards for quite a while (since 2019, in fact), but the full closure of the Crossroads area in Lake Buena Vista, adjacent to Hotel Boulevard and Disney Springs, has just been confirmed in a story by The Sentinel.

It seems there have been some long and complicated negotiations with all the land owners and other businesses there, and the deal to buy them out - for a total of $198million - has only just been signed.

The whole area will be used by the Florida Dept of Transport to create a major new junction off I-4 here, to ease traffic congestion, and the last of the businesses - which include Pirate's Cove mini-golf, a Goodings supermarket, other shops and numerous restaurants, including a TGI Friday's, Perkins and Uno Chicago Grill - will have to wrap things up by August.

Here's the full story: orlandosentinel/busi...ype-story.html
SimonV is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Blimey that’s going to be one biggggg construction site ! 😱
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

We stayed at the old Grosvenor on Hotel Plaza Boulevard a couple of times and would walk up to Crossroads. Goodings was expensive but the only walkable supermarket.

Our favourite restaurant up there was Jungle Jim's - which I'm sure we went to on the recommendation from an early Brit's Guide.

Will be interesting to see the impact on the hotels in that area of what will be a busy traffic interchange.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

I’m glad it’s finally going ahead, that area is a traffic bottleneck so any improvement to the area is a bonus
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonV
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DonkeyCentreArf View Post
We stayed at the old Grosvenor on Hotel Plaza Boulevard a couple of times and would walk up to Crossroads. Goodings was expensive but the only walkable supermarket.

Our favourite restaurant up there was Jungle Jim's - which I'm sure we went to on the recommendation from an early Brit's Guide.

Will be interesting to see the impact on the hotels in that area of what will be a busy traffic interchange.
Wow, Jungle Jim's - that's a real blast from the past! But it was definitely a sad loss back in the day. It set empty for years before becoming the Brazilian churrascaria The Knife, which we thought was OK but nothing special.

We suspect that junction (which we have to use a lot for I-4 access) is likely to be a nightmare for a while, but at least they have a lot of room to work with.
SimonV is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
may
Apprentice Imagineer

may's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 10
Thank you knew this was on the cards but wasn't sure when . We are booked at SPM Bluetree LBV from Aug 26th to Sept 7th before moving to Cabana Bay for the Universal part of the trip but may change accommodation now. Not only does it reduce restaurant choices but I agree it will presumably make the traffic even more vile than usual before it makes it any better .

Edited at 03:48 PM.
may is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

Simon , I have been waiting sometime for confirmation of this closure. We used to enjoy breakfast at Perkins in Crossways. Do you know if they are aiming to open anywhere else in LBV.
tapley is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

Loads of great eateries around there that will be affected then
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023. Voco Dubai 2024
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
jemrock
Getting Excited

Does anyone know if there's an estimated date for completion of the work? (I get an error message when I try to open the article).

Disney World Florida five times and counting!
jemrock is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 02:25 AM  
Link to this Post
SimonV
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by tapley View Post
Simon , I have been waiting sometime for confirmation of this closure. We used to enjoy breakfast at Perkins in Crossways. Do you know if they are aiming to open anywhere else in LBV.
I don't know of any proposed new Perkins locations, albeit there are still restaurants not too far away on Highway 192 (just west of the Maingate area) and Sand Lake Road (on the I-Drive junction). We don't yet know many of the new restaurants for the proposed O-Town West development on Palm Parkway, but that might be a possibility, albeit not before next year.