Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 23 Feb 21, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
World you pay for your seats

World you pay for your seats or do you just get them when you check in. Thinking of paying for our seats as thinking of getting the exit row as there more leg room as I am a big so and so
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
World you pay for your seats or do you just get them when you check in. Thinking of paying for our seats as thinking of getting the exit row as there more leg room as I am a big so and so
Yes always. And we have just booked that row too after being pinned on my PE seat by a fully reclined traveller last trip.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Yes we do, I like to know where I'm sitting.
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Quite simply Kevin always. We like to pick our row and we like to guarantee sitting together. We simply recognise it as part of the holiday cost.

I know that loads of Dibbers will say "waste of money - just pick them at OLCI" or whatever, A perfectly acceptable opinion but we just like to decide as soon as we book.

Mick
Old 23 Feb 21, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Yes. I like to know where I’m sitting.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

Yes, definitely, I always think there's more chance of the airline splitting you up if you haven't paid for your seats.
Old 23 Feb 21, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

normally i wouldnt pay, only 3 of us worse case we have ever had is a two and a one, we can live with that

cant see any value in sitting in a particular row/seat.. its A to B for me

aer lingus this year (hopefully) you get to pick your seats once booked FOC, we hav all seats booked across 4 flights
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

BA silver, so dont need to pay but would if I wasnt. One of the reasons I stick with BA is the ability to get status so I dont have to pay, i recognise for some that is a false economy.

I have several flight rules, i only fly club or buiness class or first , husband has to have window seat. If our family fly with us we all sit in the same cabin. I fly when i choose I'm not looking for the cheapest deal.

That is what we have worked for all our life, if i cant do it i will stay at home
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I guess that it depends partly on budget.

When I next fly, hopefully with BA to SFO on 18 August, I am already planning and saving for my next vacation. I may even have purchased my flight tickets for the next adventure. I go for often, rather than less often and more luxurious.

If I listed the aircraft in order of airframe hours flown, it goes Gazelle, Lynx, Alouette, C130, VC10 (all horrible) and then the various Airliners. I am used to discomfort, Spartan conditions and inconvenience.

I purchased seats on our last flights, Norwegian into Boston and out of Miami. 2x Exit row and 2 in the row behind... £25 each. We tempered this decadence by opting out of food, taking a £3.99 WH Smith meal deal going out and also by going hand baggage only for this 3 week vacation. Coming home we paid for meals.. and regretted it!

If I were a millionaire, I would still fly coach and maybe exit row. That would be it.

I am not a millionaire and therefore generally take my chances if payment is involved. Thus far we have always sat together. If we are not, then I can live with it.

I am not mean or tight, merely regarding flying as an ordeal I must tolerate to reach the great times awaiting me. The more I save on the flying, the more I can spend on being there.. and the sooner I can go again!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Yes and it costs me a small fortune when 4 of us goes but at least we can be guaranteed the seats. 😊
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List