Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 23 Feb 21, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
shysarah
Very Serious Dibber

shysarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
South Africa & Zimbabwe

Hi All,
DH & I have trip booked for early July 3021 to South Africa (Kruger Safari and Cape Town) and a Safari in Zimbabwe. It is borderline if it will go ahead and we are likely to have to rearrange. We would need to rearrange to go before the end of March 2022 (work annual leave commitments).
My question, after that ramble, is, which month would be best to travel between October and March? We’re not keen on boiling hot weather and really want to get the best chance to see animals.
Any suggestions more than welcome.
Old 23 Feb 21, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

These links might help:-
safaribookings/zimbabwe/best-time
safaribookings/south-africa/best-time

Who did you book with, if you don’t mind me asking? I’m looking for another safari for me and my Dad 🙂
Old 23 Feb 21, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

We are hoping to be in Kruger in November. My choice would be November , October, March , December, January/February in that order. January and February can see heavy downpours that lead to flooding in Kruger, December would be hot, the remaining 3 months should be less hot with less chance of heavy rain.
No idea if that applies to Zimbabwe as well.
Mexico 2010, Easter in Mexico Trip Index
ESD Pointe Orlando, Palm Pavilion Clearwater, RPR August 2012
Costa Rica July 2015 Pura Vida! trip report
South Africa 2017 trip report
ali-s is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
shysarah
Very Serious Dibber

shysarah's Reviews
Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
These links might help:-
safaribookings/zimbabwe/best-time
safaribookings/south-africa/best-time

Who did you book with, if you don’t mind me asking? I’m looking for another safari for me and my Dad 🙂
Thank you. We’re booked with Freedom Africa
Old 26 Feb 21, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

I use to live in Zimbabwe until 1980 it was Rhodesia when I first moved there .When I was there May was always my favourite month . Victoria falls and lake Kariba are sights I’ve never forgotten ..
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
stockport1965
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by shysarah View Post
Hi All,
DH & I have trip booked for early July 3021 to South Africa (Kruger Safari and Cape Town) and a Safari in Zimbabwe. It is borderline if it will go ahead and we are likely to have to rearrange. We would need to rearrange to go before the end of March 2022 (work annual leave commitments).
My question, after that ramble, is, which month would be best to travel between October and March? We’re not keen on boiling hot weather and really want to get the best chance to see animals.
Any suggestions more than welcome.
That's some serious planning ahead!
stockport1965 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzymcfarlane
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi Shysarah. We are looking to book a safari with freedom Africa for next year. How have you found them - I see you may have to move and wondered how they’ve handled it. Thanks.
dizzymcfarlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 21, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
shysarah
Very Serious Dibber

shysarah's Reviews
Originally Posted by dizzymcfarlane View Post
Hi Shysarah. We are looking to book a safari with freedom Africa for next year. How have you found them - I see you may have to move and wondered how they’ve handled it. Thanks.
Hi, so far the experience has been excellent. We have been dealing with Sarah who initially asked us what were the main things we wanted to do, did we have a budget etc. She then set up a schedule which we played around with until we settled on one. Sarah has booked all hotels, flights, transfers, trips etc and kept us informed at every stage. She even managed to get an upgrade to Business Class for £45 each! We spoke with her in January as we were supposed to pay the balance in early Feb. With the uncertainty she has arranged for an extension to the payment until April. She has said there won’t be an issue in moving the trip if necessary. I think we’re paying a little more to have it all booked for us but as we’re travelling around South Africa and then Zimbabwe we felt more comfortable someone planning it for us.
Old 5 Mar 21, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzymcfarlane
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you. We’ve seen a small group tour that is a week in Kenya and a week in Tanzania which we are keen to book.
dizzymcfarlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
shysarah
Very Serious Dibber

shysarah's Reviews
Originally Posted by dizzymcfarlane View Post
Thank you. We’ve seen a small group tour that is a week in Kenya and a week in Tanzania which we are keen to book.
That sounds lovely. We’re doing Kruger Safari for 4 nights, 2 nights in Cape Town, then 4 nights at The Elephant Camp in Zimbabwe. We’re so looking forward to it to celebrate my 50th and 20th anniversary, fingers crossed.