Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 7 Jun 20, 04:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Scarla
VIP Dibber

'Once in a lifetime' trip - WDW onsite & DDP Feb 2019 -Day 10 - Scarla's Bibbidi Bobbidi Birthday

Hi & welcome to day 10 - Scarla's Bibbidi Bobbidi Birthday

The trip index can be found here

The plan for the day:

ADR's
BOG @ 9:00am
Cinderella's Royal Table @ 5:30pm

FP's, (all picked by Scarla as the birthday girl)
Enchanted Tales with Belle at 10:10am
Meet Ariel at Her Grotto at 11:30am
Meet Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater at 1:00pm

Reservation @ Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique (Cinderella's Castle) at 2:50pm (Deluxe Castle package for Scarla & Deluxe Knight package Alex) - this was a birthday surprise which i had managed to keep secret for almost a year!

As you can see this was a full on day we had planned, so we were all up bright & early, i had sneaked out last night to put up the bunting for Scarla

Once we were all ready, we made our way to the bus stop heading for MK. Due to the time of day the bus was pretty crowded so we had to stand, which Scarla really didn't like & was having a bit of a meltdown, fortunately, there were a bunch of cheerleaders on the bus who noticing her badge started chatting to her & they also sang happy birthday which helped to distract her.

Once at MK we were through bag check pretty quickly & headed straight for BOG, stopping on the way for the PP photographer

We decided to sit in the library & managed to grab a seat just below the Belle & beast ornament

The breakfast here was OK, however, i wouldn't say it was great & i wouldn't be bothered booking here again. Although, you can order ahead which makes it a little easier, although not really any quicker as we still had to wait a fair while for the food to arrive.

After we had finished, we made our way to our first fastpass, enchanted tales with Belle.

Now as it was Scarla's birthday, she was offered the chance to play the Beast, however, she refused, (I tried to persuade her but she was having none of it) i think it was because the beast is a boy so she ended up just being an extra, still she was happy enough. Belle was really lovely with all the kids & we got some great pictures, Belle is Scarla's favourite princess so she was on cloud 9

After this we had a bit of a wander & went on the carousel while we waited for our next fast pass, meeting Ariel at her grotto.

Scarla had sneaked a fork, aka a dinglehopper, to give Arial as a present & she was fantastic, definitely the best interaction of the whole holiday, she spent ages talking to Scarla while combing her hair with the dinglehopper

After this Darren & Alex went on the Winnie to Pooh ride & me & Scarla went & grabbed a Peter Pan float from Storybook treats which was nice & refreshing while we waited for the boys.

We then took a leisurely stroll along main street via the Emporium on our way to our next fastpass to meet Tinkerbelle at the Town Square Theater.

Now, prior to this trip, Scarla had absolutely loved Tinkerbelle, in fact i had got her a Tinkerbelle charm for her Pandora bracelet she had got as a birthday present, yet for some reason, she really didn't want to engage with Tinkerbelle, in fact she was a bit rude, saying Tink isn't a real princess. Tink, however, was lovely & made a bit of a thing about it & having a sulk, as you can see, it resulted in some great shots.

After this it was time for the birthday surprise so we headed for Cinderellas Castle & BBB.

Scarla was absolutely over the moon & spent ages choosing her dress, i also paid a little more so she could also get the shoes, although the $200 gift card paid for most of this treat, i probably paid around $80-$100 towards everything.

We had to wait a bit for a fairy godmother in training to be ready, especially as there were 2 kids, (i didn't want Alex to feel left out). However, they both really enjoyed the experience.

The only thing i would say is there is only one choice of outfit for the knights package & the material is really thick which made Alex quite hot & bothered for the rest of the day, he got rid of the cloak pretty quickly.

While the kids were getting their make-over, Darren decided he had had enough & left to go back to CBR, saying he would join us later as we had an ADR for CRT.

Once Darren had gone me & the kids queued to see Rapunzel & Tianna, which had a wait time of over an hour! i did ask about DAS but it doesn't apply to the character meets & as Scarla was insistent, we decided to brave it. However, she coped quite well & as most of the queue was inside it wasn't too bad, although, it was very hot

This would be the last princess Alex would meet as Scarla asked Tianna if she would marry Alex which he was NOT happy about, as you can see from his face

Hence he's not in the pictures with Rapunzel

After this we headed to 7DMT to get a return time using DAS then went on Carousel of Progress while we were waiting, which i really liked & it gave us all a chance to sit down in the cool.

As there were only 3 of us on 7DMT, we had a stranger in the car, which as usual, Scarla chose to sit next to.

i love how you get the little vids on MDE, a bit of Disney Magic

After this we headed to Tomorrow land & went on Monsters Inc laugh floor which was great fun, then wandered back to the castle to wait for Darren before our ADR.

I really loved CRT & would probably pay OOP for this again, purely for Scarla's benefit as although the food was so so, the atmosphere was brilliant with lots of princesses & of course Cinderella herself

The kids especially loved the make your own cupcake dessert

after this it was time to head back to CBR as were all totally shaterred after a long day.

Thanks for reading, next up...

Day 11 -Animal Kingdom, Expedition Everest & disappointment

Feb 2019 - 2 weeks onsite at CBR with DDP
Oct 2022 - 3 weeks offsite in 4 bed villa at Emerald Island - Pre-trip report is here

'Once in a lifetime' trip report - CBR + DDP Feb 2019

Edited at 06:45 PM.
Scarla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

What an amazingly busy day! I have to say I kind of agree with Scarla about Tink 🤫
I think that's a birthday it would be hard to top. We never visited WDW when my DD was young enough for BBB but it looks brilliant.
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Scarla
VIP Dibber

Thanks for your comments, it was a great birthday for Scarla & tbh, i was a bit worried how this years would measure up, but she was fine, although there was a lot of reminiscing about last year

Feb 2019 - 2 weeks onsite at CBR with DDP
Oct 2022 - 3 weeks offsite in 4 bed villa at Emerald Island - Pre-trip report is here

'Once in a lifetime' trip report - CBR + DDP Feb 2019
Scarla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

What a super birthday day! Lots of planning etc - Hope you got lots of cuddles !

Oct 2003 couples hol Kissimmee > WDW, Universal, Seaworld, Busch, Daytona

Jul 2015 Family of 5 Kissimmee/RPR Club > Universal, Wet n Wild, Kennedy SC, WDW

Aug 2018 Family if 5 AMI/RPR Club/Kissimmee > Universal, VBay, WDW

Hopeful for Jul 2021 > RPR Club/Y Club
PixieBoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List