Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 Jul 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by m2k00 View Post
The sample menu that’s currently on the virgin site has been the same for a few years and doesn’t actually reflect what you will actually get. I believe this was the menu from 2016 and isn’t what is currently being served.
Agree, that’s the menu I’ve seen on the website over the last few years when I’ve looked, the actual menu has never been the same as the online sample one.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Pretty sure that’s virtually the same as the menu 2 years ago, definitely the mushroom pasta (which sounded better than it tasted) and the chilli & wedges. Happy they’ve changed the pesto sandwich though.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
In case people aren't aware, there are shops in the airport which sell food.

You can actually choose something you really like, take it on the plane and eat it whenever you like.

Hope this helps!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
ashilda
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
In case people aren't aware, there are shops in the airport which sell food.

You can actually choose something you really like, take it on the plane and eat it whenever you like.

Hope this helps!
I'm pretty sure everyone is gonna do that too, I know I am. A long flight is boring and thinking about what food and films you are being treated to makes it a bit more exciting!
I will also take at least 20mins to choose a sandwich and then another hour to gather treats and drinks from Costa and any other eaterie I see until we have a huge bulging carrier bag of expensive snacks... that we end up carrying to hotel 😂
ashilda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sharpers42
Trying for More Ears

Hi, is the tomato pasta a kids meal choice? My son is vegetarian and we were going to order him a veggie meal but he'd be happy with tomato pasta. Also where does it list the films available to watch? We fly in August.
sharpers42 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ashilda
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Originally Posted by sharpers42 View Post
Hi, is the tomato pasta a kids meal choice? My son is vegetarian and we were going to order him a veggie meal but he'd be happy with tomato pasta. Also where does it list the films available to watch? We fly in August.
Yes its cheesy tomato pasta kids meal usually but dont take it as gospel!
To find the films atm just Google inflight entertainment on virgin Atlantic you can see what's coming up too.
ashilda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We flew PE out on 1/8 from Manchester and below is a copy of the menu plus some photos. I have multiple intolerances so preordered a fruitplatter which was a disappointment. It was so bad even the staff were embarrassed and the manager came to personally apologise (although i hadnt complained - wasnt the staff’s fault). I have removed the fruitplatter option for my return.

Pics:
Main meal menu

Stir fry pork given thumbs up by DS8 and DS15

Chicken option - DH said was good

Afternoon tea menu

Afternoon tea (with the mozarella option)

Fruitplatter main meal- just 2 types of melon and apple slices thrown into 3 dishes to resemble starter, main and dessert (same content in all the bowls)

Fruitplatter afternoon tea: A banana and a tiny pot with appleslices and half an orange slice
Old 3 Aug 19, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Jo 77
Excited about Disney

Hmm can't wait for my fruit platter 🤔 I was told I'd still get a starter and a dessert... Tempted to just risk the vegetarian meal now
Woah, edited to add I didn't realise I was sacrificing afternoon tea too! Hope it's not too late to change it...

Edited at 04:46 PM.
Jo 77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Jo 77 View Post
Hmm can't wait for my fruit platter 🤔 I was told I'd still get a starter and a dessert... Tempted to just risk the vegetarian meal now
Woah, edited to add I didn't realise I was sacrificing afternoon tea too! Hope it's not too late to change it...
Fingers crossed - I hope you can changed it or if not that your fruitplatter is better than mine !
Old 3 Aug 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

How can a fruit platter be sooooo wrong. Surely to goodness they had a better variety of fruit to choose from
I’ve ordered it purely on the grounds that the main meal choice was dire !
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List