Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 25 Sep 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Good question. I don't know whether there's a list or not.

The ones I know of at the moment are:
  • Mickey and Minnie meet at the Town Square Theatre in MK
  • Tinkerbell meet at the Town Square Theatre in MK
  • Various princess meets at the Princess Fairytale Hall in MK
  • Darth Vader meet at the Launch Bay in HS
  • Anna and Elsa meet at the Royal Sommerhus in Epcot

I'd guess that the Ariel meet at MK and the Mickey and Minnie meet at the Adventurers Outpost in AK would also get these automated cameras. Maybe the other Mickey/Minnie meets at HS and Epcot?

BTW, this was announced nearly a year ago and the ones at the Town Square theatre were installed back in February. I think it's only because the others are starting to come online this month that people are now becoming concerned about it.
Wow that’s quite a lot of major ones for us. The majority of our photopass was on princesses as I have two little girls. I’m not really sure how a photo booth will work but I can’t imagine it will capture all the random memorable ones that we got. No Tiana teaching mine how to stir the pot of gumbo, my youngest touching rapunzel hair. The hugs from Cinderella and the funny stand off hands on hips with elena.

It’s sad. My kids don’t do well with sit and smile look at the camera. Some of the best photos I have are took when they weren’t posing and were just natural. I’m glad I have the ones I have now cos I can’t see it being the same magically feeling.

Disappointed ☹️
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

This one for example
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Beana10
Proud to wear my Ears

Signed
Beana10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Astrid
Imagineer

Astrid's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by rafjen View Post
Chewbacca was a photobox- really disappointing as you miss the hugs and special little moments- yes you get a group shot and it was fine but last time we went the photos were brilliant
Exactly this!

When we met Chewbacca it really threw us when we saw the automated box and the whole experience and the photos wasn’t as good as with a personal photographer.

Also, not sure whether it was just us, but the photos took a few days to come through on to Memory Maker, all of the others were within an hour.

October '89 - Quality Inn; March '99 & March '01 - Comfort Inn LBV; March '02 - ASMu; May '03 - Royal Plaza, Hard Rock & Polynesian;
December '03 - Grand Marriot, Hard Rock & Dolphin; May '04 - Dolphin & WDW Yacht Club
October '05 - Hard Rock & Villa; May/June '07 - Villa & RPH; Feb '09 - Villa; Oct/Nov '13 - Villa
April '18 - Hard Rock; Sept ‘19 - Villa
Astrid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 05:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Good question. I don't know whether there's a list or not.

The ones I know of at the moment are:
  • Mickey and Minnie meet at the Town Square Theatre in MK
  • Tinkerbell meet at the Town Square Theatre in MK
  • Various princess meets at the Princess Fairytale Hall in MK
  • Darth Vader meet at the Launch Bay in HS
  • Anna and Elsa meet at the Royal Sommerhus in Epcot

I'd guess that the Ariel meet at MK and the Mickey and Minnie meet at the Adventurers Outpost in AK would also get these automated cameras. Maybe the other Mickey/Minnie meets at HS and Epcot?

BTW, this was announced nearly a year ago and the ones at the Town Square theatre were installed back in February. I think it's only because the others are starting to come online this month that people are now becoming concerned about it.
I did the Mickey and Minnie meet and greet at the Town Square Theatre in MK a couple of days ago and there was a photographer there. It was a pain as the group in front of me was a large one and the photographer spent 15 minutes with them, a large group shot, indivual family units (3) then individual shots of each person. I'm all for boxes if it speeds things up so I'm not signing.

Edited at 05:26 AM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 05:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I did the Mickey and Minnie meet and greet at the Town Square Theatre in MK a couple of days ago and there was a photographer there. It was a pain as the group in front of me was a large one and the photographer spent 15 minutes with them, a large group shot, indivual family units (3) then individual shots of each person. I'm all for boxes if it speeds things up so I'm not signing.
I don’t think that would change, that is pretty much standard in my experience. Most people seem to want that, so surely they would still do it?

At DLP the other week we met Daisy. The little girl in front of us was really unsure about meeting a character, and it was only thanks to the photographer’s skill with children that her family ended up with decent photos. I know they are not professional photographers but they really do help put children at ease.

Edited at 07:57 AM.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 06:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
I don’t think that would change, that is pretty much standard in my experience. Most people seem to want that, so surely they would still do it?

At DLP the other week we met Daisy. The little girl in front of us was really unsure about meeting a character, and it was only thanks to the photographer’s skill with children that her family end3d up with decent photos. I know they are not professional photographers but they really do help put children at ease.
In this instance the youngest kid was about 12 and looked totally fed up!
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Astrid View Post
Exactly this!

When we met Chewbacca it really threw us when we saw the automated box and the whole experience and the photos wasn’t as good as with a personal photographer.

Also, not sure whether it was just us, but the photos took a few days to come through on to Memory Maker, all of the others were within an hour.
Not just you. Ours took ages too, thought they were never going to show... might not have been a bad thing, mostly awful.
Old 26 Sep 19, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
I wonder they'll put speed cameras up on Main Street? Mind you, it's usually gridlocked there
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
I wonder they'll put speed cameras up on Main Street? Mind you, it's usually gridlocked there
I don't know about Main Street, but they've already installed speed cameras on Test Track.

That's 3 points on my licence!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List