Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Aug 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
How to make uni rooms look nice!

My dd is going to stay in halls in Southampton, there’s talk of bed bugs and head lice (nice) 🤢. The rooms look actually really awful and if you were looking thro a holiday brochure you would keep flicking.We are going to clean it, spray the mattress, get a matress topper and get her lots of pretty stuff to brighten it. Any ideas or photos of how to brighten up a dump!
I hate her living somewhere not very nice!
Old 24 Aug 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

If she has a noticeboard in her room, maybe cover it in lovely paper first and then use it as a noticeboard, a rug, nice sparkly laundry basket, fairy lights, a nice mirror to prop up somewhere, something to make her room smell nice, some cushions for her bed. Lots of places won’t let you stick things on walls so the paint doesn’t come off but you can stick things on wardrobe doors.
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Throws, cushions, fairy lights, photos from home, rug, diffusers these are all what my daughter had in her room.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh no! Is it really that bad? I thought most of the halls were quite new.
Get a load of cheap picture frames in Ikea and those Sticky command strips for a gallery to cover a whole wall. Are you allowed to hang your own curtains? You could pack the others away until it’s time to move on?

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
Oh no! Is it really that bad? I thought most of the halls were quite new.
Get a load of cheap picture frames in Ikea and those Sticky command strips for a gallery to cover a whole wall. Are you allowed to hang your own curtains? You could pack the others away until it’s time to move on?
We’ve been to Southampton once due the situation we are in, never seen halls only photos of them. They look awful but maybe won’t be as bad when she gets there! I hope
Old 24 Aug 20, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
We’ve been to Southampton once due the situation we are in, never seen halls only photos of them. They look awful but maybe won’t be as bad when she gets there! I hope
Sandra, they have some very nice student accommodation at Southampton uni which is relatively new. Has your daughter given her accommodation options. City gateway is only a 10-15 walk to the uni and modern.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
She’s not got that one, she doesn’t wanting me saying where’s she’s staying but she has friends staying there too. She has a cat one with on suite, we will make it nice!
Old 24 Aug 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

When my Ds arrived in halls there was a HUGE bare grey notice board. We went to supermarket, bought the plainest wrapping paper and pins and covered it. I sent photos asap and he put them on the board. Hung a big Chelsea flag ( it was decoration! ). Hung over door hooks which took coat etc and he was fine. Fairy lights for a girl would help.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Fingers crossed it’s bad photography!
It’ll be fine once it’s a bit more homely.

*Did you mean cat?! I’d be thrilled if there were cats 🐱😃

Pahaha! I’ve just thought that through! Category 1? Obvs I realised you didn’t really mean cat! I just wasn’t sure what you did mean (I do think cats would be very relaxing though)

Edited at 02:19 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Sandra look on Pinterest try dorm rooms some fantastic ideas on there
As others have said command hooks are your friend
Fairy lights pretty lantern with battery candles a. I’ve rug to cover awful carpet or hard flooring nice throw laundry basket and under bed storage containers are fantastic of storage space is tight
It’s going to be hard if you’ve not seen it
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List