Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 Nov 18, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridababy16
Trainee Dibber

Question West Facing Villa ?

We have found a lovely villa at Sunset Lakes we would potentially like to rent however the pool is west facing. The owners say they get the sun mid morning until sunset. We have only stayed in villas that are south facing and this has been a big part of choosing a villa. What are your experiences of a west facing villa? We are planning on spending a number of afternoons at the villa pool and having the sun in the pool area is very important. TIA
Floridababy16 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 18, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

If you want the sun in the afternoon and the villa owner has said that the villa gets it from mid morning I don't understand your concern?
Old 7 Nov 18, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

not sure if this a duplicate or has been moved ?

but as the sun sets in the west not the south, west facing will be better surely?

apologies if im misunderstanding here ?
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 18, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
travelgirl
Excited about Disney

travelgirl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Our villa pool area faces south west and we get the sun from mid morning until the sun sets.
Old 7 Nov 18, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Shardriver
Trying for More Ears

I'm heading to a fantastic villa on Sunset Lakes that has a WEST facing pool in May and you have no need to be concerned. This is my second trip to this particular Villa and West is best . . . . No need for sunglasses whilst you eat your corn flakes in the morning by the pool and when you return from the madness of the parks you have sunshine (hopefully) all afternoon. Get it booked.
Shardriver is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 18, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
johnb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
not sure if this a duplicate or has been moved ?
The duplicate is in General Chat
johnb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 18, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridababy16
Trainee Dibber

Thank you for the comments guys, very reassuring so I think we will get this villa booked!
Floridababy16 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 18, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Susan Coleman
Imagineer

Susan Coleman's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have a villa on Sunset...and as i look across the lake I can see some villas that are west facing(not many are..others north facing along that road)
I would think west facing would be fine...depending on height of villa and time of year
They have the benefit of lovely full view sunsets along there
Relax with drinks on the south facing pool terrace...
All day sun..fabulous lake view...beautiful sunsets...
Disney magic in professionally themed Mickey's room!

http://www.disneyvillaaurora.com
New pool mosaics and lights!
Susan Coleman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 18, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridababy16
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Susan Coleman View Post
I have a villa on Sunset...and as i look across the lake I can see some villas that are west facing(not many are..others north facing along that road)
I would think west facing would be fine...depending on height of villa and time of year
They have the benefit of lovely full view sunsets along there
Hi Susan,

The villa actually backs onto another lake. The direction of the villa is if you imagine driving through the main gates of Sunset Lakes and continuing to drive down the road, its the second to last one on that row
Old 8 Nov 18, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
My villa faces almost due west, we get the sun frommid to late morning till sunset. Never had any complaints!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List