Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 13 Oct 19, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

We've never eaten at Wendys! I love a food report!

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Never had a Wendy's out in Florida but it does look like the perfect travel day meal when you're tired and you're trying to resist going to bed too early.

I'm looking forward to the rest of your report. Thanks for sharing.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I love a food report, thanks for sharing.

We are using meet and greet at Manchester for the first time soon. Were you at T2? I’m a bit concerned as there seems to be two different m&g descriptions, one from Manchester airport themselves and another from holidays extras? Are they the same?

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Looking forward the rest of your reports. Have a great time.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Looking forward to following along, hope you have a great holiday.
Had a great one thanks despite picking up a football injury two days before the flight . Unfortunately have had nowt but bother with my leg since landing in Manchester (spent 5 hours in A&E on returning to the North East and am at the Fracture Clinic this Thursday for no doubt more tests. However previous tests have confirmed no DVT so a bit of good news
Old 13 Oct 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Excited6910 View Post
We've never eaten at Wendys! I love a food report!
You have got to try it, honest you won't regret it!
Old 13 Oct 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
I love a food report, thanks for sharing.

We are using meet and greet at Manchester for the first time soon. Were you at T2? I’m a bit concerned as there seems to be two different m&g descriptions, one from Manchester airport themselves and another from holidays extras? Are they the same?
Yes we did go through T2. We booked the Meet and Greet through Holiday Extras as it is exactly the same as booking through the Airport's website but tends to be cheaper as long as you see the Manchester Airport logo above the price. If you go through Martin Lewis' website they offer a further discount so cheaper still.
Old 13 Oct 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

DAY TWO.
IHOP AND APPLEBEES

So the traditional early morning start, from memory this was a 5 a.m get up so potted around for a bit before heading up to IHOP.
This is the only breakfast we ate in a restaurant as the rest of the time we just had it at the Villa. Now the one we go to has always been the one on the 192 just beside the junction with Old Lake Wilson Road with the new Walmart. The food has always been good and the service excellent.
This year I ordered an Orange juice which was refreshing and we shared a Never Ending Coffee Pot. This is the only place I have a Coffee while in the States, it really is that good!
Now to the important part; the food.
Elaine went with a Create Your Own Combo and had Sausage Eggs and Hash Browns with Strawberry Banana Pancakes

While I went with the Ultimate Combo(3 strips of Bacon 3 Sausages 2 eggs and Hash Browns) with Mexican Churro Pancakes

As always the food was excellent and the portions absolutely massive. The pancakes were lovely and light with plenty of fruit on Elaine's and lots of fresh tasting Churros on mine. Needless to say neither of us could finish it as our stomachs needed to get used to American size portions and it kept us going all day and only started felling hungry until sevenish.

We decided to head up to Applebees at Berry Town Center for our evening meal. I always find it interesting how one franchise of the same restaurant chain differs greatly from another a couple of miles away. We have yet to have a bad meal or service at Berry yet I know from others that the one a couple of miles away on the 192 is not particularly pleasant.
Anyway decided that I would be the driver tonight so Elaine went for a Michelob Ultra and was presented with this

This is called a Mega Beer and was absolutely massive. When we got the bill it was only $5.70, an absolute bargain!
We decided on having a starter and were thinking of just Chips and Salsa but chose to go for the Nachos with Chipotle Lime Chicken instead.

I really can not stress how amazing these were. Quite frankly I could have eaten them all night and was now very jealous of Elaine as they would be fantastic with a beer
These were quickly polished off in time for the mains
Elaine went for her usual here which is a Bourbon Street Steak with Roast Potatoes and Onions

For me I went for the BBQ Brisket Tacos with Fries and Coleslaw

Although its cheap and cheerful the food quality is always good here. Both meals were extremely tasty in good surroundings with an attentive staff.
Again neither of us could finish the meals due to portion size but give it a couple of days and our bellies will become accustomed to American sized portions. Bring it on!

Edited at 02:13 PM.
Geordie Al is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Staying in Highlands Reserve can’t wait to make Applebee’s our local! Fab report, I’m hooked already
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shkyler View Post
Staying in Highlands Reserve can’t wait to make Applebee’s our local! Fab report, I’m hooked already
Thanks
If they are still on the menu go for the Nachos! Do I give the impression I loved them?