Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 29 Feb 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post

What is on top of the second drink from Oga’s? It looks like there is a mini burger balanced on top of the glass.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just catching up! That’s a relief your daughter was ok 😊. We’re huge Star Wars fans, so need to do Oga’s, but the reviews are not too good at all, shame you didn’t even enjoy the drinks.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
What is on top of the second drink from Oga’s? It looks like there is a mini burger balanced on top of the glass.
It was like a biscuit and marshmallow thing. The drinks were just strange, the blue milk tasted very plasticky and our daughters drink was a fruit flavoured black coffee.
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for the comments so far!

Day 3

Today we headed to Animal Kingdom. We had a quick breakfast at the villa. Not ashamed to say this was one of the only times I cooked this holiday; pancakes lol

A good way of packing the fruit into the kids!
We had an action packed morning so stopped for snacks

We shared 2 corn on the cobs, they are quite salty but very nice and fresh and crunchy!

And a simba pretzel with cheese sauce. Again it was salty but I managed to desalt my part! Thinking of my essential hypertension...
then onto lunch later at Tusker House. I really enjoyed the food here. I love anything spicy and eastern. I ate shed loads.

HOWEVER, daughter, 13, decided that today would be a great day to start sulking about everything, no longer liking food she has always eaten and no longer to meet characters. They were taking their time to come around which didn’t help. In the end I was so fed up of her moaning and sulky sue face that we left before seeing them all. I should of stood our ground as son, 17, was getting right into it, he doesn’t care!
Anyway. What’s done is done. And not the worst thing they sulked about, more in that another day...
Later on we had a ready made salad from Walmart, and some snacks including squirty cheese, no idea why as it’s revolting but I kept on eating it! With grapes too to bring a little class to the proceedings...

dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'm glad you enjoyed the Tusker House meal, we've always enjoyed the food there. Funnily enough our DS had a strop one year in AK just before we had a meal at Tuskers. This was in 2016, he was 11 and to this day we still talk about it, we can laugh about it now. But at the time even Donald Duck couldn't get a smile out of him. After the meal we then met Baloo and King Louie and he is still in a full on strop in all the photos. He managed to make it last quite a while. So, you're not alone!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
jocesk
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

It’s her age hun. They all go through the phase of being too cool for characters. They soon get out of it. Hormones are a nightmare- I have a 12 year old and never know what I’m going to get when I wake her up in morning. Normal nice kid or ursela. Glad your son was loving it.
jocesk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 20, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Day 4. Animal kingdom EMH and Magic kingdom

We had an early start. Tonight we were due to stay at AoA for the night to make use of the benefits for 2 days.
Mummy made a mistake with the timings and we needed up there an hour before EMH started... but meant we were some of the first of FoP so winner!

Anyway we had muffins on the way to the park. So after a few rides we treated ourselves to big old donuts and coffee
My apple claw was gorgeous!

We had a pop back to The villa and had a chill out. I am sure we popped to Walmart again for stock of water and iced teas.

We checked into AoA.
We were running late and stopped for a quick bite at the food court. I won’t lie, this was a disappointment! When I looked online it looked like a nice selection of food with lots of fresh salads. But it was just burgers and nuggets.
Actually the chicken was ok, nicer than I expected, but once would be enough as I don’t like dry beige food! A few side sauces helped. Actually the coleslaw (which somehow we got for free) was very tasty and fresh, everyone went to get more

Hubby and kids all went for burgers. They said they were just ok.

Then in MK for the evening. This evening has been a highlight for the kids as you will find out in a minute...
We sat and enjoyed yummy drinks and I am sure we had nibbles too as that seems like something we would be doing but no photos!

Then. This happened; I sat in someone’s chocolate and it happened to be in a very unfortunate place... ! Night pretty much ruined. I can laugh now, well actually did once we got back to the villa (yep we decided early on to ditch AoA and go back to the comfort of the villa!)

Edited at 12:48 PM.
Old 12 Mar 20, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

Day 5 Late night at Epcot

We all slept in today after getting back home about 12 last night.
No idea what we had for breakfast. I cooked pancakes twice all holiday so wouldn’t of been that. I will make myself feel like a good mum by saying we had fruit salad.

Edited; I actually remember now! We had bowls of ready made Walmart salad that needed eating up. So I really am a good mum

We had a late lunch at Olive Garden on the 192. We adore OG. The breadsticks just get us every time. Why does the simple salad always taste soooo good?!

Someone had soup which was apparently good

Two of us had the chicken parmigiana and spaghetti, it was good

And two had lasagna which they liked

We also had fried motz. Somehow the order wasn’t put in so it came after our mains, some reason no photos. But they were very nice and melty

Then we went to Epcot for the evening show and EMH.

And of course food!
From France we had the cheese bowl. I so wanted to enjoy this. But it tasted like melted cheese spread. Not nice at all. What a shame!

To take away the taste I had to have a cocktail, this was nice but not strong at all!

We tried the macaroons too that were nice

And the chocolate fondant

Daughter enjoyed the slushy fro the USA pavilion

Hubby had a hot dog too.
Then onto the caramel shop in Germany hmmmmm

Stuffed we wobbled home
Old 9 Apr 20, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

Day 6. It was a very chilled day!

We started at Cracker Barel on 192. It was very nice and our server was fabulous, he gave us lots of freebies! Certainly deserved his 25%!

We spent a while browsing in the shop, wow it was amazing! We said we would return to buy things we knew certain people would like but we totally forgot!

That night we popped to dollar tree on daughters request, she was under whelmed as thought it would be amazing thanks to too many you tube videos lol
But I did get this baby for, you guessed it, $1! Much cheaper than in the parks. Never managed to eat more than 1/4 as was very tart! I am sure it would of been better on a hot day in the park

Then onto target for a top up of essentials...

Then onto outback. We had been dying to try a blooming onion after seeing it for years on here. It was nice, but once is enough for us as was quite heavy. And of course the free yummy breAd. The waitress came back and made a comment about how fast we managed to eat it all 😳 by American standards that’s saying something 😂

I had sirloin with coconut shrimp, loads jacket (couldn’t eat it!) and asparagus (nice and crisp but quite salty!)

Daughter had a fillet with mac and cheese (she was a little disappointed in the this as is a mac and cheese expert...) and asparagus

DS had the ribs. He wanted the full rack, the waitress managed to convince him half would be enough (I always appreciate their honesty and not greed in trying to bump up their tip, they get more out of me that way!)
He enjoyed it

Admission, I have no idea what hubby had, all I have is the side shot above of chips and veg,I would say a steak.

No room for pudding, obvs...
Old 21 Apr 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
thanks for the update, I could just eat that chicken parm right now
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List