Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Jul 20, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
top4
Imagineer

Mobile Bruised coccyx ..

so my 13yr old fell off his bike last week and landed straight on the metal bar of the bike frame 😳...paramedics checked him due to pains down his legs ,and said pain relief and rest ,but couldn't rule out a break ... a week on hes so frustrated, he cant sit properly ,run or kick a ball without pain 😔... apart from painkillers is there anything I can do to help him ? ...
top4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Sorry to hear about your son maybe try ice packs & some gentle massage, soft cushions for him too, wish him better soon xx
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

awww poor lad must going crazy bless him.
All I can suggest is buy a tube of Arnicare arnica cream. I will help bring the bruise out properly and hopefully once the bruise begins to change colour he'll feel a little bit better.
You can also buy Arnica tablets, teeny little pills in a special container that only dispenses one pill at a time. Hope he soon feels better.
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
dietcokebreak
slightly serious Dibber

Ooh 🙁
I bought a cushion like a rubber ring when i hurt mine, made such a lot of difference.
Hope he feels better soon!
dietcokebreak is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Oh the poor thing! I remember falling off a swing and doing this when I was a child...probably nearly 40 years ago now. It was SO painful. I can't offer any advice but can give a ton of sympathy.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Ooh that's so painful, unfortunately it's just time. I hurt mine when I fell a few months ago and I'd say it was a full month before it was completely better.
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I did the same thing falling down the stairs at an ex-boyfriend’s house, the pain wasn’t as bad as his whole family coming out of the living room to laugh at me gasping for breath and grabbing my injured bum 😭 I was told by the doctor to cycle my painkillers so I was never without adequate relief- if I took paracetamol and codeine at 10:00, I could take some ibuprofen at 12:00, then some more paracetamol and codeine at 14:00. It’s always worth calling your GP surgery for advice if the pain is making things tough for him- there are plenty of parts of the body that you can’t bandage (my partner’s always cracking ribs...) but that doesn’t make them least painful than a bandage-able limb!
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

As others have said, unfortunatly it does take a while. I badly bruised mine earlier this year, laying on my stomach with a hot water bottle on my coccyx helped.
Old 31 Jul 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by StorybookCircus View Post
I did the same thing falling down the stairs at an ex-boyfriend’s house, the pain wasn’t as bad as his whole family coming out of the living room to laugh at me gasping for breath and grabbing my injured bum 😭 I was told by the doctor to cycle my painkillers so I was never without adequate relief- if I took paracetamol and codeine at 10:00, I could take some ibuprofen at 12:00, then some more paracetamol and codeine at 14:00. It’s always worth calling your GP surgery for advice if the pain is making things tough for him- there are plenty of parts of the body that you can’t bandage (my partner’s always cracking ribs...) but that doesn’t make them least painful than a bandage-able limb!
The reaction of his family? It actually made me gasp a bit when I read that.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

I broke mine on the ice, well some bleep of a teenager deliberately knocked me flying (they were asked to leave after that). It was agony, i can remember having to turn the opposite way to the way i wanted to lay just to get to that position. I wouldnt recoomend baths at the mo as it can be quite painful. Cushions definitely for sitting down. It has been 13 years and i still have to adjust myself when sitting for a while or sitting on certain types of chairs. I used tiger balm for some relief and plenty of painkillers and had to wait until it had healed.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List