Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 27 Sep 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Thanks so much too for posting this .
I didn’t know that if they cancel you can pick another flight and not pay the upgrade cost
I also didn’t know that you can change your flight for free ( just pay the difference in price ) - if more than 14 days in advance

Might have to do this but although I would prefer to go on our flight , highly unlikely the Lanzarote quarantine will be dropped by half term
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 09:56 PM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
We were booked to go to Jersey which has now been cancelled twice. Flights £89 for the 2 of us including 23kg luggage for 99p after a DIBB tip)
Just rebooked for Lanzarote. Not until next September but at least I have something booked !
Lanzarote with luggage (this is a treat for us as we usually do hand luggage only) for £89 for 2. Thanks EasyJet ( unless they go belly up in the meantime ! )
Anyone think it’s worth booking the cheapest flight you can find ( with no intention of taking it ) in the hope that they cancel it and allow you to then book a free change to an ‘ expensive ‘ flight next year ?
Obviously risking losing the cost of the original flight cost ?
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Anyone think it’s worth booking the cheapest flight you can find ( with no intention of taking it ) in the hope that they cancel it and allow you to then book a free change to an ‘ expensive ‘ flight next year ?
Obviously risking losing the cost of the original flight cost ?
Might be worth a chance!
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Might be worth a chance!
Can I just check with yours , when they cancelled , did you literally get a free choice of from any airport to any airport on any date you wanted ?
And not have to pay a penny on top of what you paid for your original flights ?
Old 27 Sep 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Mobile

Can I just check with yours , when they cancelled , did you literally get a free choice of from any airport to any airport on any date you wanted ?
My outward flight was cancelled, the return was not. I logged in to manage flight and it allowed me to change both to any other flight. We were going Liverpool to Jersey in October and have changed to Liverpool to Lanzarote next September. We had paid £85 for the 2 flights and £3.96 for 2 cases return. I haven’t been charged any extra. I did the same in August when my original flight was cancelled.

Hopefully this flight will happen. I think if it doesn’t by next September a lost flight will be the least of our worries !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Bee happy View Post
Lucky you, opposite for us. Booked flights to Barcelona for Aug they didn't cancel them so we had to change flights to Oct half term for Menorca at a extra cost of £250 so a total of nearly £1k for 6 of us. Obviously we cant go to Menorca now as on local lockdown and FCO ban,we can move them again but wont give us a refund if flights cheaper. Our flights for Menorca are now £340 for 6 of us 🤬
It’s a mess. We have flights for 9 to Greece for October (would have been DD’s Wedding) accommodation moved to next year but flights haven’t as not released yet. Luckily our flight times were changed well for 6 of us so we have been given a credit note. The other 3 have to wait for now.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
sassysar
Apprentice Imagineer

sassysar's Reviews
When I changed my easyjet it only credited what I had paid
Great I thought £400 to play with ( four people )
Nope one way flight was 19.99 and other 80
So anything above 19.99 they wanted to charge me extra for and even though the way back was far cheaper than 80 no credit
I was really annoyed by it and lost august flights at a good price and ended up with may flights as I didn’t want to add any money as at the time I was loosing enough on other things
I’m still not sure if our flight to faro went as it was not quarantined for a short time so I might have lost the lot as we didn’t want to go in august
sassysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by sassysar View Post
When I changed my easyjet it only credited what I had paid
Great I thought £400 to play with ( four people )
Nope one way flight was 19.99 and other 80
So anything above 19.99 they wanted to charge me extra for and even though the way back was far cheaper than 80 no credit
I was really annoyed by it and lost august flights at a good price and ended up with may flights as I didn’t want to add any money as at the time I was loosing enough on other things
I’m still not sure if our flight to faro went as it was not quarantined for a short time so I might have lost the lot as we didn’t want to go in august
The difference will be who cancelled the flight. The offer to rebook to any flight is if EasyJet cancel. Both my Aug and October flights were cancelled by EasyJet.
Old 28 Sep 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

That's exactly right. I think Morocco is excluded (it tells you somewhere the exclusions) but other than that you can go anywhere at any time for no extra cost. I think it's a great scheme!
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Mobile

The difference will be who cancelled the flight. The offer to rebook to any flight is if EasyJet cancel. Both my Aug and October flights were cancelled by EasyJet.
My flights are still going ahead for Oct half term, just wish they would just cancel them.
How far in advance does Easyjet notify you that flights are cancelled?
Thanks