Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Oct 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
I think a lot of people make the mistake of getting tickets for too many parks. Your never going to do justice to a ticket that covers the sea world, universal and disney world tickets in one trip. I always advise people to just do disney parks or do the sea world and unvieraal parks to get good value.
Certainly in a 2 week holiday anyway. 3 weeks and it is achievable.
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

Mobile

I think I posted this in another thread about the same thing, however touristy things in all US cities are extortionate (outwith free things like museums etc)

We were on the west coast earlier in the year. San Francisco - Walt Disney Family Museum $25 per head for a couple of ours entertainment. Alcatraz and Angel Island - $80 for half a day

Monterey- $50 a head for the aquarium, again just half a day.

San Diego Zoo - $60, 10am till 5pm or something like that

The zoo and aquarium were just as expensive as Disney for food inside as well.

Although Disney costs around $100 per day that's from 8am till midnight if you go the right day.

So in relative terms although it's expensive, its value compared to similar touristy attractions in the states.
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Has anyone read the reviews on MK recently on tripadvisor?
Every other review is an awful one :/
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Reading TripAdvisor reviews on MK is always a good way to pass time, this is one of my favourites...

* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Has anyone read the reviews on MK recently on tripadvisor?
Every other review is an awful one :/
Most of them seem positive and give a high score? At the top it says 72% give it an "excellent" rating. Of the 10 reviews on page one, 7 rate it "very good" or above and only 2 rated it awful.

Anyway I'm hoping all those people who dislike MK will vote with their feet and keep away from the park. It should mean the next time I visit MK it'll be really quiet (I wish!).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Most of them seem positive and give a high score? At the top it says 72% give it an "excellent" rating. Of the 10 reviews on page one, 7 rate it "very good" or above and only 2 rated it awful.

Anyway I'm hoping all those people who dislike MK will vote with their feet and keep away from the park. It should mean the next time I visit MK it'll be really quiet (I wish!).
Oh ok, when I looked last night every other one looked bad, they all seemed for the same day- saying how crowded it was

One says too may kids

Edited at 04:45 PM.
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

Never thought of that, may put a review on Trip Advisor myself.

Not that it makes any difference or would stop people going, like a hotel when you read a bad review is it?

I suppose it would just make me feel better!
jessandjon2005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

I love MK and it would never cross my mind in a million years to review it on Trip Advisor so I'm not surprised the majority of reviews are negative.
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by LadyDebs86 View Post
I love MK and it would never cross my mind in a million years to review it on Trip Advisor so I'm not surprised the majority of reviews are negative.
Just to clarify, as I mentioned above the vast majority of reviews of MK on TripAdvisor are positive. 88% gave it a "very good" or "excellent" review. Only 5% gave it a negative review.

Still, I get what you mean. I wouldn't think of reviewing MK on TripAdvisor.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by LadyDebs86 View Post
This is the problem every company has with reviews!

Just like your self 99% of people don’t take the time to leave a good review, it’s just not the way we are programmed.

Have a bad experience and people are straight online to tell the world!

It really messes up the reality, the number of bad reviews probably accounts for less than 1% of visitors but most of the reviews.
captain-codeye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List