Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 6 Oct 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Some Banana
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Any ideas for my soon to be 11 year old would be very much appreciated.
In the past, I’ve always been lucky as he’s only ever wanted one main gift ( not the type to put twenty things on his Santa list that end up in the trash in 5 days.) Anyway, the only thing he is interested in is gaming and he already has a PS4, Nintendo Switch, DS, Vita which he has accumulated over the years. He doesn’t know what he wants. I don’t know what he wants. It’s going to be one empty sack on Christmas morning at this rate. I’ve suggested a new bike, more up to date iPad, vlogging camera for our holiday next summer, Fitbit type watch but he’s not really keen on any suggestions.
I know I should be grateful he doesn’t want something for the sake of it but I’m stumped. 🤷🏼
Stunt scooter? Thats what my nearly 11 year old is getting for his bday which is very close to Christmas or if hes into gaming then a gaming chair?
Some Banana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Managed to get lol omg winter dolls from Smyths today, not sure i like them, but DD loves the lol staff, and better than the other lol sets. Previous years.
Old 15 Oct 19, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

ds (12) has only asked for a phone, he wanted the new iPhone but I did tell him he wasn't getting that, only because I don't trust that at 12 he won't either A) leave it on the bus or B) get it nicked at school by being careless with it so I have got him the iPhone 8 which I know he will be happy with as he only has the 5 at the moment it also means not having to get a contract as he can stick his giff gaff sim in, and that I have plenty left over to get him other things... when he decides what they are!

DD (8) has asked for a Bike, TV for her room, Electric Scooter, Nintendo Switch, Iphone, Iwatch, Laptop, new Ipad, one of those real life babies and then load of other stuff as well - she still believes in Santa and said "it doesn't matter if this stuff is expensive because santa builds them in his workshop when it's for Christmas so it won't cost anything" haha big brother is a very good and is going to sit down with her and write her Christmas list with her while he does his and get it narrowed down telling her santa doesn't like kids being too greedy as then he can't give toys to all the kids I'm planning on getting her a Bike and a TV for her room (if I can find a suitably priced one) and then smaller stuff to make up the difference!

Edited at 02:32 PM.
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

My oldest is 11 in two weeks and he doesn’t want anything
Keeps telling me there’s nothing he wants!
Next down is ten in two weeks
He wants the giant Godzilla form smyths (which I’ve got him) plus some Nintendo games
The twins are eight now and want electric scooters one wants some art stuff and the other some sort of long haired weird looking creature toy!
We have cut the spending right back this year as we were buying for the sake of it
mushumadness is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Originally Posted by OLS View Post
ds (12) has only asked for a phone, he wanted the new iPhone but I did tell him he wasn't getting that, only because I don't trust that at 12 he won't either A) leave it on the bus or B) get it nicked at school by being careless with it so I have got him the iPhone 8 which I know he will be happy with as he only has the 5 at the moment it also means not having to get a contract as he can stick his giff gaff sim in, and that I have plenty left over to get him other things... when he decides what they are!

DD (8) has asked for a Bike, TV for her room, Electric Scooter, Nintendo Switch, Iphone, Iwatch, Laptop, new Ipad, one of those real life babies and then load of other stuff as well - she still believes in Santa and said "it doesn't matter if this stuff is expensive because santa builds them in his workshop when it's for Christmas so it won't cost anything" haha big brother is a very good and is going to sit down with her and write her Christmas list with her while he does his and get it narrowed down telling her santa doesn't like kids being too greedy as then he can't give toys to all the kids I'm planning on getting her a Bike and a TV for her room (if I can find a suitably priced one) and then smaller stuff to make up the difference!
Aww blesss your daughter, my daughter is 8 but she been told from little that Santa brings 3 presents and a stocking
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

I think we are getting youngest who is 11 a nintendo switch, the lite handheld version, she hasn't asked for anything... Yet. Eldest will get money
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
I think we are getting youngest who is 11 a nintendo switch, the lite handheld version, she hasn't asked for anything... Yet. Eldest will get money
If you can afford it , be better to get the proper Switch the lite is just a glorified DS
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
Aww blesss your daughter, my daughter is 8 but she been told from little that Santa brings 3 presents and a stocking
Yeah we should have done that from little - we played it wrong from the beginning!
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
If you can afford it , be better to get the proper Switch the lite is just a glorified DS
I don't know enough about them so OH will be researching lol, main reason we were thinking the switch lite is daughter has a wii and an xbox and they arnt used much after novelty wore off she's more about instant gaming like her ipad or her 3ds. I'll mention to OH, either one we can get for her like I say it's more about her having it instantly to play with but I think the full size switch can be portable too looking at ads I've seen? Thanks for your message 👍
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

My youngest wanted a nerf modular gun. I really begrudged paying £50 for it but I bought it when smyths had an offer on so got it for £40.
It’s now half price £25 so took it back and got a £15 refund!
Good job I kept the receipt.
He also wanted a big box to make a den and I have got him a cardboard space ship that you build from amazon. It’s just arrived and looks amazing. He will love building that with his dad and big brother
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List