Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 May 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Who is booking Easter flights at the weekend?

As it looks as if the majority of the schools have the same Easter holidays next year, I'm assuming a lot of flights will be released at the weekend for a fortnight from the 4th and demand will be high. Are you booking?

I'll be watching like a hawk as a did a bit of a panic buy last month but have 'only' paid the deposit. If the savings will be greater than the deposit we'll be changing our plans. Sadly I'm geting quite nervous - it's because I bought the flights before we'd really decided to go - phoned dh at work and he said go for it so I did - aaarrrgh!
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Oh, so it's just me then?

Will look forward to finding some good prices while the tumbleweed rolls past ...
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Do you find September cheaper? When I've booked at 11 months I've never seen 'my' flights cheaper and i sadly track them? Who do you book with and what do you typically pay?
Old 21 May 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

I am the same always cheaper in my opinion 6-9 months out last time (2017) paid £1290 for 2A 1C LHR direct to MIA with a ford edge for 3 weeks.

Last year could not get the price I wanted booked in August to go to Denver and back from LA October half term £996 for all of us (no car)

the day flights are released is often the most expensive day
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
I am the same always cheaper in my opinion 6-9 months out last time (2017) paid £1290 for 2A 1C LHR direct to MIA with a ford edge for 3 weeks.
Sadly we're tied to school holidays and ours are only 2 weeks give or take a day or two. BC (before children) holidays were so much easier (and cheaper).

I'm also a bit 'hmmm' about the whole child seat/child tax discrepancy. We're now in adult tickets but child tax. For the same child (or adult ).
Old 21 May 19, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by archibald View Post
Sadly we're tied to school holidays and ours are only 2 weeks give or take a day or two. BC (before children) holidays were so much easier (and cheaper).

I'm also a bit 'hmmm' about the whole child seat/child tax discrepancy. We're now in adult tickets but child tax. For the same child (or adult ).
Us too the Miami flights were something like out 2/8 back on the 22/8 so well within the school holidays.

The Denver flights because of half term weekends and an inset day we had to take her out for 2 days.

She saw 7 national parks, swam in huge natural sulphul pool and got within feet of long horned sheep, snakes, coyotes, deer and elk and wrote a diary. The school sent me the obligatory letter but the headteacher said it was a wonderful opportunity.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Melyn12
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wooden Top View Post
This year was Virgin. LGW MCO direct, 400 each. Last Easter BA, MAN-MIA via LHR was about 330 each. Slightly off topic but paid about 330 quid each for this August as well, BA LGW direct to FLL.

No that I find September generally cheapest but around 6-9 months before is when I usually book and I check EVERY day, more than once.
Do you usually travel for the 2 week school holidays or would this be plus or minus a few days either side? I was thinking we’d never get flights that cheap for the exact 2 weeks school holidays? Thanks
Melyn12 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I’ve booked already with BA. I saw a price I was happy with so I’m not going to look again!
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm waiting to book! - looking at skyscanner far too often over the last few days - what's bugging me is they've seemed to stop including the price of checked bags grrr xx
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jenna288 View Post
I'm waiting to book! - looking at skyscanner far too often over the last few days - what's bugging me is they've seemed to stop including the price of checked bags grrr xx
I have booked before (and will again) with fare geeks they allow you to select to exclude without luggage.

Whilst I am happy to use them I do not feel strongly enough to recommend them to others you need to make you own choice about them