Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Jun 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
marciehatter
slightly serious Dibber

Not sure about Travelbag (I know booking.com don't include the local tax tho) - we got the best rate for our RPR stay through the British Airways website - worth checking on there under the hotel only bit.
marciehatter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DYNAMO
Earning More Ears

Thanks for suggestion. Just checked British Airways and better than Holidays.com but not as good as Travelbag.

Gonna have to decide soon as go in 8 days! Undecided as some suggest express passes aren't needed at moment but we'll be going to Universal start of July and expect it to be busier and taking 3 and 5 year olds who might struggle with the long queues.

Probably play safe and book the 1 night plus it saves a journey to and from the villa.
DYNAMO is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by DYNAMO View Post
Hi
Who do people use to book their one night at the Universal hotel?
We use hotels.com via Tesco, so we can use our Clubcard vouchers.

ATD were selling it significantly cheaper though.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DYNAMO
Earning More Ears

Thanks but used the last of my Tescos vouchers on Manchester hotel!

ATD seems to be minimum of 2 nights and the average night price is more than travelbag so looks like that may the one if I take the plunge!

Went a few years ago and didn't need the express passes but 7 of us this time so feel it might be worth it and have some breaks for the little ones.
DYNAMO is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Mobile

We did it for the first time last year and was amazing. Made such a difference to our time there and the hotel was stunning! (RPR) we have booked one night at HRH and a few days later one night at RPR again.
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
loopylaura
Serious Dibber

We always use Travelbag as they are usually the cheapest. No taxes to pay - the price you see is the price you pay.
loopylaura is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Hotels.com price matched travelbag for me and that was even using clubcard vouchers just fyi. You pay and then go on online chat with the comparison. I did have to explain my cost before vouchers initially and they honoured on 2 conversations x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
clucky1966
Imagineer

clucky1966's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have booked a room for 5 us next Aug and paid £316 for Club Level at HRH, it was £303 for a Standard room so an extra £13 for Club was a no brainer with the complimentary snacks/food/drink etc, cannot wait

clucky1966 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
robot1000
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Joosebug1987 View Post
Hotels.com price matched travelbag for me and that was even using clubcard vouchers just fyi. You pay and then go on online chat with the comparison. I did have to explain my cost before vouchers initially and they honoured on 2 conversations x
You must have been lucky. I've never had any success price matching Travelbag due to their cancellation policy being different.
robot1000 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by robot1000 View Post
You must have been lucky. I've never had any success price matching Travelbag due to their cancellation policy being different.
Oh dear :-( Its worth trying again as I had an online chat with one person before hand who confirmed it was a legit site to price match with which I screen shot and then one after I booked a couple of days later so worth doing an online chat and taking a screenshot maybe so you've got it? x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List