Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 25 Jun 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Leec
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile What not to miss at Christmas?

Staying in Disney during Christmas this year on the 23,24,25 December. Hopefully visiting Hollywood studios, magic kingdom Christmas Eve and Epcot Christmas Day.
Any suggestions what events/shows not to miss? Also any nice Christmas themed meals?
I’ve pretty much got a plan for Epcot but just wanted others opinions...
thank you in advance x
Old 25 Jun 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

I went in November a few years ago and really recommend MVMCP. We had an amazing time, and would definitely pay the extra to do it again

I just missed it, but a friend was there the year after and I really liked the look of the Christmas tree trail in Disney Springs if they do that again this year
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
stan_the_man
Imagineer

Unfortunately MVMCP won't be on the days you are going, however after the last party of the season, they do the special xmas parade during the day at MK, so make sure you see that. You can usually meet santa there too, and at HS.

Jungle Cruise gets rethemed to Jingle Cruise, so don't miss that.

The international variants on Santa around Epcot's WS (can't remember exactly what it's called) is nice, each country has it's own 'Santa' who tells their traditional stories. Of course, the candlelight processional and whatever Illuminations is replaced with will be must-dos too. You can usually get some sort of dining package for the candlelight processional to give you guaranteed seating.

If you have time out, visit some of the resorts. Each one is decorated in it's own theme (usually the tree has the most theming). The deluxe resorts have the best trees IMO, towering all the way to the ceilings. Other side ventures could be a sleigh ride at Fort Wildnerness, sitting by the fire in the lobby of Wilderness Lodge, seeing the massive gingerbread house at Grand Floridian, or see the huge carousel at Y&BC.

Can't really suggest an xmas meal on Disney, we did the Seaworld Dine with Santa one. Personally I'd pick a nice signature dining place and go for that.

Lastly, and I'm sure you know this, plan well. Crowds will be insane.

Allergy-Friendly Food Report 2015
stan_the_man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Leec
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Excellent thank you!
Old 26 Jun 19, 02:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Sonny Eclipse
Excited about Disney

If also visit celebration to see all the houses decorated.
Sonny Eclipse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

We enjoyed Jingle Bell jingle bam at HS, we did the dessert party for that.
Holiday wishes at MK was also really good. Mk in the dark was just magical, we went in at 6am on Christmas morning.
We did the candlelight processional inEpcot, it wasn’t really my cup of tea but it was very Christmassy.
I did a trip report from the 24/12 to 4/1. We didn’t find the crowds too mental mainly. Put it this way I’d do it again this year if I could! https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post13656573

As a side note don’t miss trying peppermint bark if you haven’t already.
Old 26 Jun 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

Whilst we haven't been at Christmas we have been there at the start of January. The Christmas Tree Trail is worth a visit just to see how they have themed all of the trees (based on the different films). It is close to the Christmas Shop in Disney Springs. They were taking the decorations down when we were there but it was still lovely.
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
Definitely go to the GF and WL over christmas, the displays are beautiful and they also do special character meet and greets too.
Old 26 Jun 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Leec
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Excellent thank you everyone
Any ideas what times Epcot May open Christmas Day?
Any recommendations where to eat in magic kingdom? Anywhere Christmassy?
Old 1 Jul 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
I did a trip around the deluxe hotels & it's well worth it
Here's some photos in my Dec 2011 trippie from that days
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=623035
There's also photos of the trees from different resorts/parks in it too
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List