Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Mar 12, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post

Tethered balloon better day or night?

We have never done the tethered balloon, even in WDW - it was on my plan but got dropped on the day as I'd planned too much in

Anyway, thanks to extended hours when we go in June I want to take a few hours out of the parks at some point and do this. Is it better in the daytime or at night (assuming it's not windy and it is actually open). We will have young kids with us, part of me thinks the view will be prettier at night, but the kids will see and recognise their favourite rides better in the day.

Also, anyone know how much it is?
Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 12, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
snoops
Very Serious Dibber

snoops's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Personally and this is only my opinion I think it is a waste of time and money.

FL: Apr 93, Apr 95, Sept 00, Sept 01, Sept 02, Sept 04, May 11, July 15, Apr 17, Fantasy Apr 17

DLP: Aug 98, Feb 08, Feb 09, Feb 10, Oct 10, Feb 12, Feb 13
Oct 13,Feb 15,
snoops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 12, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Since posting watched some YouTube vids and not sure but think DD and DS might like it, just for a change from the park, but the view isn't as good as I hoped. Might not bother.
Old 2 Mar 12, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
I would be interested to no if its better day or night also, i was going to ask the same question on here, im leaning towards daytime for the sake of the kids, well the youngest, but i think i would prefer night, we are definatley going to try it, wind permitting, in may

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 12, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by keeley78 View Post
I would be interested to no if its better day or night also, i was going to ask the same question on here, im leaning towards daytime for the sake of the kids, well the youngest, but i think i would prefer night, we are definatley going to try it, wind permitting, in may
I might have to get a review from you since you go before us
I can't find any YouTube of it at night, there is one overview of the park which shows a brief nighttime view from the balloon and it does look pretty at night with DH and the castle all lit up etc. But like you I think the kids will see and recognise more in the day.
Old 2 Mar 12, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Only done it once - we find it is often not open due to wind/rain when we happen to be passing.

It takes about 10 minutes and cost us 12 Euros each - bit expensive for what it was!

Nice thing to do but I wouldn't bother again, I suspect.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 12, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
princess lola
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 52
Hi Disney mum

We visited DLP last August and had a ride on the balloon at dusk just as the sun was going down, there was no queue and the views were absolutely fantastic !
We got a great view of the parks and some fantastic photos (when we poked our camera lens through the netting hole!

I think it was about $12 each which we thought was very reasonable for Disney and we had a great time
princess lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 12, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread